• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Biodegradable flagging tape

I drop toilet paper squares when I track. Its biodegradable, cheap, and it can be used for other things (LOL). Smartest thing my dad ever taught me for deer tracking. These days, I bet you could find red or blaze orange TP as well and still save a few bucks. JMO.
if you said that a few months back, youd have half of walmart following you through the woods...

I like T.P. It almost glows on your backtrail under a flashlight. Its definently biodegradable. Also nice to be able to just stick it on a bush or limb and it stays pretty well. I just use plain ole white though...

As previously mentioned Toilet paper works great for marking and is biodegradable. Another alternative we have were I hunt are palmetto. They are everywhere in the woods. I break them at the ground and hang them upside down Above the rest of the palmetto on vines or in bushes. You would be surprised how noticeable they are when placed in this manner.

I use the wet wipes for butt paper. I like having flagging tape on me also....I asked the guys that work at a plumbing company by my work and they save me the empty teflon tape rolls and I refill with flagging tape..... I always take my flagging down but with biodegradable I won't feel too bad if I accidentally forget some.

IMG_20190526_115712.jpg

Back