• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Birmingham-Memphis saddle hunters

I'm in florence, which is between the 2 if that helps?
Yes it does! I’m headed through there this Oct and was just looking for some advice on a safe place to lay my head (in my truck) for the night. Maybe towns or rest areas NOT to stay in...i don’t want to ruin my trip by having to tangle with some druggie or Antifa mofo. Thanks, any info is great!!

That's a tough question to answer with the current world we live in. There's a rest area off of 65 south around Cullman area that's not shabby. Or the Walmart parking lot in Florence or Athens. Lowe's in florence or athens as well. It will likely still be plenty warm here in October so plan accordingly. :)

That's a tough question to answer with the current world we live in. There's a rest area off of 65 south around Cullman area that's not shabby. Or the Walmart parking lot in Florence or Athens. Lowe's in florence or athens as well. It will likely still be plenty warm here in October so plan accordingly. :)
Thanks, thats exactly what I’m looking for. Don’t want to put anyone out, just dont wanna make a bad decision after a long day on the road!!

I live in Cullman, I work in Huntsville. My wife goes to school in BHAM. Like @jtillery said, get out of bham and you should be fine. Athens (limestone county) has some meth problems so Idk if Id be sleeping in that parking lot, but thats just me. Are you sleeping in your car or something? Priceville/Decatur Exit isnt bad, its away from a downtown area. Cullman has 4 exits and none are super populated areas. I don't think id be sleeping at a rest stop.

My recommendation Walmart in cullman off 157.

Walmart Supercenter, 5601 AL-157, Cullman, AL 35058

Let me know if I can help any further.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help! Don’t mind spending the cash for a hotel, but then I’ve gotta worry about my gear in the car! Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Definitely avoid all of the town on I-65 until you get to exit 299. That’s cullman County. I have lived here for years. Great place. The Walmart on hwy 157 is a good suggestion. Cullman is a farming town. Mostly great people.

Definitely avoid all of the town on I-65 until you get to exit 299. That’s cullman County. I have lived here for years. Great place. The Walmart on hwy 157 is a good suggestion. Cullman is a farming town. Mostly great people.
Awesome! Thanks!
Tupelo to Memphis is a death wish. Don't even pull over unless you have to.
holy crap!! Should i not even go through there??

I live in Cullman, I work in Huntsville. My wife goes to school in BHAM. Like @jtillery said, get out of bham and you should be fine. Athens (limestone county) has some meth problems so Idk if Id be sleeping in that parking lot, but thats just me. Are you sleeping in your car or something? Priceville/Decatur Exit isnt bad, its away from a downtown area. Cullman has 4 exits and none are super populated areas. I don't think id be sleeping at a rest stop.

My recommendation Walmart in cullman off 157.

Walmart Supercenter, 5601 AL-157, Cullman, AL 35058

Let me know if I can help any further.

I hate to hear that about Athens. We love the city and have looked at several homes around Athens/ Decatur, Al area.

See you in a tree, Ricky

I hate to hear that about Athens. We love the city and have looked at several homes around Athens/ Decatur, Al area.

See you in a tree, Ricky
Don’t get me wrong. For the record lots of Alabama has meth problems. Use to be the meth capitol of the world. Athens is a good city but it’s growing as Huntsville expands. I simply meant I would not be hanging out at the Walmart overnight. There’s plenty of places in others cities I wouldn’t spend the night in as well. Don’t let that deter you.

Back