• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Black Ovis 250G Merino hoodie $72

swd

Camofire has the Black Ovis 250G merino hoodie for $72 today. Looks like most sizes are still available. It does say they run small. Order one size up. I ordered my first piece of merino kit other than socks!

I’ve looked at those for awhile.... have not pulled the trigger yet. I have the 1/4 zip from badlands and it is very durable. Please report back with what you find. Specifically the fit of the hood.

Thanks for the heads up

Just FYI the sizing on these hoodies is way off. Everything is running 1.5-2x smaller than tag. If you’re an XL order a 2XL for skin tight or 3XL for less tight, but now I’ll fitting across chest and shoulders. Too bad they couldn’t nail their sizing as the value is definitely there.

Sent from d_mobile

I ran some of their baselayers, 200grn I think, and am happy with them.

Reactions: swd
I've been using that exact hoodie for two years now and have put it through hell and back. Has a few small holes but still going strong. Love it!

DO NOT put this stuff in an ozone generator. I ran some of the 150s the last few seasons and my ozone box has straight up eaten them.

I’ve looked at those for awhile.... have not pulled the trigger yet. I have the 1/4 zip from badlands and it is very durable. Please report back with what you find. Specifically the fit of the hood.

Thanks for the heads up

First impression is that I like it. Seems a little itchy, but nothing that is a showstopper. That problem may solve itself after a couple of washings. I would consider it a fitted piece. I usually wear a large and occasionally a medium. I got a large in this. It is snug without being skin tight. If you wear Under Armour stuff, it is sized almost exactly like their fitted stuff.

The hood seems nice. Not a ton of extra material to obscure the peripheral vision. I have never been a big fan of hooded garments, but I can see this getting used.

Get your size for a fitted, athletic, or hero fit. Up size one or two sizes for a loose fit.

My 1/4 zip is bombproof, but did itch me initially. I ended up snagging some” meriwool” 250 grams to go against my skin. These are not hunting specific but have been unbelievable. I do everything in them ( sleep, jog, hike, lounge). Still going strong and I abuse them. Only wash once every few weeks, and smell fresh as ever.

My 1/4 zip is bombproof, but did itch me initially. I ended up snagging some” meriwool” 250 grams to go against my skin. These are not hunting specific but have been unbelievable. I do everything in them ( sleep, jog, hike, lounge). Still going strong and I abuse them. Only wash once every few weeks, and smell fresh as ever.

I've almost pulled the trigger on some meriwool stuff on multiple occasions. Their prices are really good. I might have to give them now.

So meriwool has a 190 weight half zip hoody on sale on Amazon for an astounding $38 right now. I ordered one in XL. Hopefully it fits. If it fits and seems good quality I’m going to order a couple more.

The discount is applied at checkout FYI.

Sent from d_mobile

Back