• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Blonde Coyote

That's a beauty. We are covered up with them but I've never seen one that light.

That’s the first one I’ve seen, that’s pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this one count?
72b129285d6863683f0c53db036ebb6a.jpg

I've called in and killed a huge blonde male dawg a few years ago. That same year, I called up a nice size red dawg. When it first come in, I thought it was minature collie.
I have not seen those color phases since.

Trapped one with a tiny black spot on the head but otherwise just as light. Drag was that it was end of season so shedding and pelt was not really good to tan. I thought it was a yellow lab when I saw it at first.

This is pic of a coyote and red fox shot in PA. The coyote on the right and red fox on left. Very similar color in fur.

Attachments

• IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    327.8 KB · Views: 37
Holy cow. Today I saw a red coyote from the stand. First coyote sighting from the stand for me. I thought about it all day because of the red color. I know it was a yote but convinced myself it was a dog due to the unusual color.

This is pic of a coyote and red fox shot in PA. The coyote on the right and red fox on left. Very similar color in fur.

I caught a glimpse of what I thought was the largest red fox I have ever seen last year while hunting. I remember thinking that thing was the size of a coyote. After seeing your pic maybe it was a coyote i saw. It was only a few hundred yards from where I got the picture of the blonde coyote in the original post.

Has anybody ever seen a coyote this light? They are typically a lot darker in this area. It would make a pretty rug.

View attachment 5472
There was two blonde coyotes in my hunting area a Male and female. Would see them all the time. I hunt in a county parks archery program the only thing we can shoot is deer.

Found this a couple weeks ago. Found out another hunter shot it during rifle season.
ff4ef6a3088f888deb067f989626f4c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had the coyote on the original post on camera several times a week up until a couple weeks before bow season. I haven't seen her, or got a pic of her since then. Not sure what happened to her. I have wanted a coyote rug on the wall to hang my recurve on for years, she would have made a pretty one.

Back