• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow Stand

Hello all!

I have developed and tested my own version of a bow stand. It was inspired by the Hoyt Go-stix. It is designed to be mostly for use while shooting on a range, but I have used it to stand my bow up at the base of a tree until I hoist it up to hunting height. This version I have printed from glass fiber reinforced nylon and uses TPU feet. It has several advantages over of the shelf options:
1. It is compatible with any bow with a long enough front stabilizer and back bar mount, and the leg length is customizable for your set up.
2. It is light weight and has a very minimal impact on the balance of your bow.
3. It is 3d printed so can be made from a variety of materials, colors, and even sizes to fit specific bows.

With that said, I wanted to open this up to discussion here. I'm thinking about offering this up for sale either as a shipped product, or set of files to be printed at home. Is this something there would be interest in? If I went the shipped product route I would be interested in having some beta testers. Let me know your thoughts!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-18 162250.gif
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 162250.gif
    422 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot 2024-01-18 162530.gif
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 162530.gif
    368.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot 2024-01-18 162603.gif
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 162603.gif
    413 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot 2024-01-18 162440.gif
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 162440.gif
    582.5 KB · Views: 110
Heck yeah!!!! I use the Go stick now on my EVO XF 30 and it works great but adjustable leg length would be very much more functional in the woods.

Nice idea. Since you're soliciting feedback, I'd like to see a stickbow version of this.

Thinking a super-small 3D printed bracket that mounts to a riser's stabilizer hole. The bracket would have two holes adjacent to one another angling downward, slightly forward and outward away from the riser. The holes would match the outside diameter of a standard arrow. To employ, the user would cut standard arrow shafts (think their old broken stock) and install them into the 3D printed mount, creating a tripod between the two arrow shafts and the bottom limb of the bow. The necessary arrow shaft length would be determined by the overall length of the stickbow and how it balances in a tripod configuration. For bows without a stabilizer hole, the 3D printed mount could be a low profile strap-on design.

Using arrows to stand your bow vertically is not a new concept and the idea can be found easily by searching for a bow tripod. What would be new is the mount itself.

Nice idea. Since you're soliciting feedback, I'd like to see a stickbow version of this.

Thinking a super-small 3D printed bracket that mounts to a riser's stabilizer hole. The bracket would have two holes adjacent to one another angling downward, slightly forward and outward away from the riser. The holes would match the outside diameter of a standard arrow. To employ, the user would cut standard arrow shafts (think their old broken stock) and install them into the 3D printed mount, creating a tripod between the two arrow shafts and the bottom limb of the bow. The necessary arrow shaft length would be determined by the overall length of the stickbow and how it balances in a tripod configuration. For bows without a stabilizer hole, the 3D printed mount could be a low profile strap-on design.

Using arrows to stand your bow vertically is not a new concept and the idea can be found easily by searching for a bow tripod. What would be new is the mount itself.
That would be awesome. I found one that works with my Satori. It mounts in the stabilizer hole and it uses two arrow shafts for legs.
1705680039289.png

I think this is what you were talking about.

Thanks everyone for the feed back! I do dislike the stand that's posted above, because it puts your cam (and string) in the dirt. This is the reason I wanted to stop leaning my bow up against a fence while shooting. I noticed some wear on my cam and string from doing this all season.

Thanks everyone for the feed back! I do dislike the stand that's posted above, because it puts your cam (and string) in the dirt. This is the reason I wanted to stop leaning my bow up against a fence while shooting. I noticed some wear on my cam and string from doing this all season.
I agree. I wouldn't want my cam touching the ground either. That one I posted above I use with a recurve. I like yours for a compound.

I like it! I picked up a Magnus Bow-Pod during the 15 minutes or so they were in production. I like it but would like it more if it kept my cam out of the dirt. Use it more on the range and when ground hunting.

Thank you all for the feed back!

I've decided the next step is to get a few beta testers. I'm going to be looking for 3 of you to help test these out. I will send whoever is selected a stand free or charge. That being said have a few requirements:
1. You must be willing to test the stand, provide feedback, and take some pictures for me.
2. You must have somewhat of a history on this forum (no new users).
3. I am looking for you to have a modern compound, and ideally I will select a few different brands to get a better idea of how they will work with the current design.

If you feel you meet these and are willing to help, please shoot me a PM! Include your bow make and model.

I’ve tried the heartland bow hunter one for turkey last year but it was finicky and cumbersome

@nighthawkF-117 you inspired me to try and prototype what I was thinking for a stickbow version. Very crude, but here it is. I'd love for someone reading this thread to make this out of legit materials (mine was scrap metal) and send it out for testing. @Razorbak66 already razzed me about it looking like a spring-loaded golf bag stand. :tearsofjoy:
20240120_200145.jpg20240120_200159.jpg20240120_200223.jpg

@nighthawkF-117 you inspired me to try and prototype what I was thinking for a stickbow version. Very crude, but here it is. I'd love for someone reading this thread to make this out of legit materials (mine was scrap metal) and send it out for testing. @Razorbak66 already razzed me about it looking like a spring-loaded golf bag stand. :tearsofjoy:
View attachment 98950View attachment 98951View attachment 98952
Looks pretty good for scrap! Would you want a stick bow version to fold up like the compound or not?

Looks pretty good for scrap! Would you want a stick bow version to fold up like the compound or not?
Thank you. Knew I kept that old light fixture hanger for something. :D

No. It wouldn't need to fold. I would deploy the legs once in a hunting location. No way I'm carrying a bow through the woods with extra pieces hanging off the front of it.

Back