• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bowtech SS34

dbow0603

This bow seems to be the hot ticket this year. Anyone have a chance to shoot it yet?

Do you like bowtechs in general? I didn't shoot the SS34 but I did shoot the One side by side with the Solution SS. I actually think the One had the better draw cycle, I would be hopeful the SS34 is better yet. I would guess if your a BT fan and like the specs, you'll like the bow! Looks great in Grey, both I've seen happen to be that color.

I have to confess to being a BT fan, just love the draw cycle

Also thought the SS wanted to twist a touch at the shot but the One didn't. ( moved orbital dampeners and fixed that right up - I left with the solution SS for about half price. Couldn't spend extra FWIW)

Do you like bowtechs in general? I didn't shoot the SS34 but I did shoot the One side by side with the Solution SS. I actually think the One had the better draw cycle, I would be hopeful the SS34 is better yet. I would guess if your a BT fan and like the specs, you'll like the bow! Looks great in Grey, both I've seen happen to be that color.

I have to confess to being a BT fan, just love the draw cycle

Also thought the SS wanted to twist a touch at the shot but the One didn't. ( moved orbital dampeners and fixed that right up - I left with the solution SS for about half price. Couldn't spend extra FWIW)

My first BT was an experience. Now I have a RPM360 and I love it. I would like to upgrade just for the deadlock. I’ve shot Mathews, elite, and have a victory x which I like. The BT bows are just so easy to tune.

I can tell you I like the looks of their new Carbon One riser.

Is there anything super lightweight right now? I shoot an old Bowtech Carbon Knight and bare it weighs 3.25 pounds. I've tried a lot of new bows, but I don't like the feeling of newer heavier bows.

The Bowtech grip is horrible. It shoots okay but settling into the grip and drawing was like a crumbled can.

Is there anything super lightweight right now? I shoot an old Bowtech Carbon Knight and bare it weighs 3.25 pounds. I've tried a lot of new bows, but I don't like the feeling of newer heavier bows.
I'm not expert but I agree here. Next lightest I can think of is the solution ss @ 4#. I think Athens newest offering is 4.2#, I think it's got good specs FWIW.

I like a lot of grips. Mathews, Hoyt, Elite and Prime are all good. My all time favorite is Athens going back to the Accomplice. The hard edges on the Bowtech leave a lot to be desired. Maybe some side plates would help.

The Bowtech grip is horrible. It shoots okay but settling into the grip and drawing was like a crumbled can.

yes I agree. Pulling back is uncomfortable but once settled in it’s fine. Like it really matters tho. What matters is that the arrow goes to the repeatable spot time after time.

yes I agree. Pulling back is uncomfortable but once settled in it’s fine. Like it really matters tho. What matters is that the arrow goes to the repeatable spot time after time.

having a grip you get along with helps you with a repeatable grip and form and therefore repeatable arrow flight and point of impact

Interesting grip thoughts. The thin grip is one of the things I liked about the bowtechs when I was shopping, but that's coming off a switchback xt with that huge wood grip. I figure I can make the grip bigger easier than I can smaller, but I still like the clutch grip personally

Interesting grip thoughts. The thin grip is one of the things I liked about the bowtechs when I was shopping, but that's coming off a switchback xt with that huge wood grip. I figure I can make the grip bigger easier than I can smaller, but I still like the clutch grip personally

Yep, I like the thin grip because it very easily goes into the deepest part of my grip. I actually remove the Clutch grip and wrap the bare metal with tennis grip tape for this reason.

Back