• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BowTrainer resistance trainer

shamus275

SH Member
I always thought these things were like a late night golf infomercial kinda deal until late July when I tore a muscle in my forearm working on my house. Luckily…and I say that sarcastically, it was in my bow arm. My doctor and my wife said “That’s the end of your bow season.” To which I replied, “The hell it is!”.

I knew right away that I couldn’t shoot any of my bows and that the season opener was only a few months away. So I had to find a solution fairly rapidly to keep my myself in “Trad shape”. I found one of these on Amazon and ordered it the day I injured myself and it showed up a few days later. Well…to say my arm hurt is an understatement but I started very light because yeah, it hurt and holding my left hand in a thumb up position was the most painful thing I could do. The internal rotation of the forearm was also quite painful. I started with about 18lbs at my draw.

Fast forward now to this morning (about 7-weeks post injury) and I can comfortably draw about 61lbs for reps in the “Strength Training” program. I only hunt with 42-45lbs. As of last week I was able to shoot and tune my new JT Traditional Storm longbow 44@28” and I’ve been shooting around a dozen arrows a couple of times a day at the 3d target. My hunting season is definitely going to happen this season! Whether I can climb and grip the tree/climbing sticks is still up in the air as any kind of curling movement or isometric with the elbow bent becomes immediately self critiquing as hurts like hell. So to remedy that…a new Waldrop pac seat is on the way to me.

A couple of good things about this particular archery gimmick is the ability to use it while sitting on the couch watching Netflix with the wife while having a toddler running around. Another great thing is that I was able to teach myself to keep my bow shoulder down which I have struggled with for years. That has transferred to actual bow shooting and it’s no longer an issue for me. I can also practice the draw and hold…bone on bone shoulder alignment, letdowns, etc.

So what I initially believed to be just another gimmick has become a beneficial tool in my archery practice.

BOW TRAINER Resistance Trainer https://a.co/d/34r3SF6

I always thought these things were like a late night golf infomercial kinda deal until late July when I tore a muscle in my forearm working on my house. Luckily…and I say that sarcastically, it was in my bow arm. My doctor and my wife said “That’s the end of your bow season.” To which I replied, “The hell it is!”.

I knew right away that I couldn’t shoot any of my bows and that the season opener was only a few months away. So I had to find a solution fairly rapidly to keep my myself in “Trad shape”. I found one of these on Amazon and ordered it the day I injured myself and it showed up a few days later. Well…to say my arm hurt is an understatement but I started very light because yeah, it hurt and holding my left hand in a thumb up position was the most painful thing I could do. The internal rotation of the forearm was also quite painful. I started with about 18lbs at my draw.

Fast forward now to this morning (about 7-weeks post injury) and I can comfortably draw about 61lbs for reps in the “Strength Training” program. I only hunt with 42-45lbs. As of last week I was able to shoot and tune my new JT Traditional Storm longbow 44@28” and I’ve been shooting around a dozen arrows a couple of times a day at the 3d target. My hunting season is definitely going to happen this season! Whether I can climb and grip the tree/climbing sticks is still up in the air as any kind of curling movement or isometric with the elbow bent becomes immediately self critiquing as hurts like hell. So to remedy that…a new Waldrop pac seat is on the way to me.

A couple of good things about this particular archery gimmick is the ability to use it while sitting on the couch watching Netflix with the wife while having a toddler running around. Another great thing is that I was able to teach myself to keep my bow shoulder down which I have struggled with for years. That has transferred to actual bow shooting and it’s no longer an issue for me. I can also practice the draw and hold…bone on bone shoulder alignment, letdowns, etc.

So what I initially believed to be just another gimmick has become a beneficial tool in my archery practice.

BOW TRAINER Resistance Trainer https://a.co/d/34r3SF6
Congratulations, that is great news!!! That a way to push through and figure out a way to rehab and improve shot techniques. I wish you a fast and complete recovery and an awesome season. Not the same but I am using a medical band, purchased from Tom Clum's bow shop. I use it to help learn proper form as I watch his Solid Archery Mechanics videos.

Congratulations, that is great news!!! That a way to push through and figure out a way to rehab and improve shot techniques. I wish you a fast and complete recovery and an awesome season. Not the same but I am using a medical band, purchased from Tom Clum's bow shop. I use it to help learn proper form as I watch his Solid Archery Mechanics videos.

Thanks! I’m definitely not 100% or even close but at least my season isn’t ruined. I also used the bands that Tom sells when I did the Solid Mechanics course too a few years ago.

You will feel the pain for a good long while. Keep up with the exercising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back