• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge length

How long does my bridge need to be? Is there a set length or does it depend on your body. I am waiting on my sit drag and before I make another trip to REI I'd like to have some more info.

Im 26" but have prussick on my bridge loop so i cam adjust according to if i stand or sit.

I'm assuming that is the length of the bridge from saddle to carabiner. Not from loop on saddle to loop

From Eye2Eye its 281/2. From loop to loop its 26" if i want to lean almost standing I shorten it, if i want to stand to shoot weak side I lengthen it as well as if i want to sit.

Everyone is different. Mine is adjustable and I try to keep it around 24inches.

Anyway I can add a longer amsteel bridge to my mantis without having to invest in lock stitching? I spliced in the second loop by threading the tag end through the main line twice instead of tag end through main line then main line back through tag end. Will my method work and be safe or should I just add a carabiner and have a detachable bridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back