• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge/lineman’s rope

nickstevens2588

Coming from a stand. Is there a reason I can’t just use my lineman’s rope as my bridge once I get to my desired height? Set up my tether and connect to my lineman’s rope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically yes. But the time between un-hooking linemans rope and being tethered poses a risk. If you slipped or something failed, you're on the express lane to the ground and hospital.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Technically yes. But the time between un-hooking linemans rope and being tethered poses a risk. If you slipped or something failed, you're on the express lane to the ground and hospital.

I see, cause I have to remove my lineman’s from around the tree. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a go to length for there lineman's and tree tether? Im new to this and 6'1... will 8 ft be enough for both ropes?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a go to length for there lineman's and tree tether? Im new to this and 6'1... will 8 ft be enough for both ropes?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Including knots or before knots? It'll be enough if the knots/splices are already in. It may be short if you still have to tie knots.

Would this be a good pairing for linemans/tether and prusiks? I've been using a very stiff and bulky Hunter Safety Systems rope for my linemans and tether. My pouches full up quick with that stuff. Looking for a better option.
de0c10cfa26e86b4743dfcff63f37af6.jpg

Not to steal your thread but, would a ropeman 2 with 8mm static rope be acceptable for my linemans belt and 8mm for my tether?

Personally I used 11mm (yale bandit) because I wanted to be able to use 8mm prusik. It all depends on the strength/risk tolerance you want. Everything fits in my pouches so I'm happy with it.

Personally I used 11mm (yale bandit) because I wanted to be able to use 8mm prusik. It all depends on the strength/risk tolerance you want. Everything fits in my pouches so I'm happy with it.
I was thinking 6mm for prusik. Is that too small? I'm just getting started and there seems to be so many opinions/ sizes used

I'm not too familiar with all the options myself. It all depends on the strength. Let's let someone else weigh in

You guys can find loads of information on this stuff here. Just use the search bar. Not trying to keep you from asking questions. I know its easier to just start a new thread and ask again but there are some really good threads on this stuff...that way you don't get a sketchy answer and run with that.

Not to steal your thread but, would a ropeman 2 with 8mm static rope be acceptable for my linemans belt and 8mm for my tether?
This is posted on here a thousand times over ;) almost as much as can I use my hss lifeline for tether/lb...use a kong duck on 8mm. Most people don't like the ropeman2's but yes its will work for 8mm. If you're running a thicker linemans belt use a ropeman1. You don't need an ascender for your tether bc you're not gonna be adjusting it as much. For 8mm use 6mm trc or a beal jammy.
I was thinking 6mm for prusik. Is that too small? I'm just getting started and there seems to be so many opinions/ sizes used
6mm prusik isn't too small for an 8-9mm rope. If your running 10-11mm rope use 8mm for your prusik. The 6mm will bite too hard and you can't free it as easy.

Be safe dudes

Last edited:
Back