• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge Options

bushwookie88

SH Member
I got my first saddle in (Kestrel Flex) and it came with the web bridge. Great saddle, but hate the bridge.

Anyone experimenting/experimented with sterling oplux?
Ive seen a few amsteel options but kinda iffy on it.

Call AH and swap it for the adjustable rope bridge. It can also be used as a LB to go around limbs. Larger than oplux, which I do use on other saddles, but it requires knots. I did not care for the webbing bridge either.

Call AH and swap it for the adjustable rope bridge. It can also be used as a LB to go around limbs. Larger than oplux, which I do use on other saddles, but it requires knots. I did not care for the webbing bridge either.

I actually thought about just emailing Silent Approach and seeing if they could make me a 2-3ft version of their oplux tether/lineman and call it a day.

I got my first saddle in (Kestrel Flex) and it came with the web bridge. Great saddle, but hate the bridge.

I made a utilibridge out of oplux and trc. It’s phenomenal. Best bridge I’ve ever used.

BE65DE12-8487-4253-AFDA-4C8178F760F8.png

That looks pretty sweet! It may be obvious to most but not me..... can you go over how you made that from knots to the rope ends??? I've never made a bridge, a little video tutorial or something would be super awesome.

That looks amazing. Got a recipe for it?

I loosely used this video:

My goal was a metal free, climbing rated bridge with the knots far enough out of the way to fully rotate my hips without hitting the biner.

I put a back fed, girth hitched, overhand loop on the week side of my sling using Oplux. You could probably do without the girth hitch if your not putting it on a Recon sling like mine. Then I made a prusik loop with double fisherman’s knot out of trc. The hardest part is girth hitching that loop to your saddle and then forming a prusik. I made the prusik on the oplux then slid it off in one piece to keep it’s form when you put it on the saddle. Masking tape might be good to hold it all together when you girth hitch the saddle. Then put your oplux bridge through the prusik. Tie a stopper knot on the oplux and crack a cold one... you’re done.

Sorry, I’m not a video guy.

As I kinda said above... I like the simplicity of the AH adj. rope bridge. I've retied my eye to eye into a schwabish.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200711-184023_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200711-184023_Gallery.jpg
    957.8 KB · Views: 110
  • SmartSelect_20200711-184009_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200711-184009_Gallery.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 112
  • SmartSelect_20200711-183954_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200711-183954_Gallery.jpg
    975.7 KB · Views: 107
I was researching and 6mm TRC has a MBS Rating (lb) of 3,484. For a utilibridge type usage, that seems a little low for life support, especially after knots.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I got my flex a couple of weeks ago and was really torn if I should go with rope or webbing bridge. I ordered the rope but was still uncertain but stuck with it. I pleased with the way it works but still had doubts. Reading your thread, I'm glad I stayed with the rope. The predator rope is kinda thick. Probably will swap it out to something smaller. If you're not happy there are options to switch.

I got my flex a couple of weeks ago and was really torn if I should go with rope or webbing bridge. I ordered the rope but was still uncertain but stuck with it. I pleased with the way it works but still had doubts. Reading your thread, I'm glad I stayed with the rope. The predator rope is kinda thick. Probably will swap it out to something smaller. If you're not happy there are options to switch.

I bought my flex used and didnt have a choice on the bridge. Guy that had it before loved it. My biggest complaint was the adjustability of the buckle. Might switch out the buckle.

I was researching and 6mm TRC has a MBS Rating (lb) of 3,484. For a utilibridge type usage, that seems a little low for life support, especially after knots.

Am I missing something?

I am only a saddle hunter and have no idea on the subject but in my case the trc is doubled up so times that number by two.

I am only a saddle hunter and have no idea on the subject but in my case the trc is doubled up so times that number by two.
Intuitively that makes sense, but I'm curious if that's been tested.

Looks like it's off to the interwebs to research.

Intuitively that makes sense, but I'm curious if that's been tested.

Looks like it's off to the interwebs to research.

It’ll vary on how you connect your cord (knots, etc.) but all in all it’s both intuitive and simple physics.

Back