• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BRIGHT GREEN to the SADDLE ...….

PlumbDirty

Happy Friday and happy holidays. Im brand new as of today to the group, and want to get into saddle hunting. Im usually in a fixed hangon. people are asking me what good gifts are, so I might as well get a few things off my saddle hunting list. I haven't bought anything yet. Im trying to get as much info as possible, learn from others mistakes and make informed decisions. I don't have a problem putting money out for quality. My ears are wide open for any and all suggestions and recommendations.

From Eastern Pa. Outside of Philadelphia. Will be hunting all public land for now.

Welcome from SC

As said, find someone in your area that has some gear you can try or start ordering early and testing stuff to to see if it suits your needs. If not sell it in classifieds. Don't wait to last minute to order stuff and what ever you do don't pay attention to shipping times. Buy the saddle hunter membership. Have fun

Welcome from Maryland! As already mentioned above can’t recommend enough getting with someone & checking out their setup is a big help..... especially since most of this stuff isn’t readily available anyway

Any recommendations on how to find people in my area? Im apart of 2 rod and gun clubs and I dont believe anyone uses a saddle. But I haven't truly reached out through a meeting or on the facebook pages. I haven't used facebook in years. (yes, I need to get back on for many reasons, including work) Maybe I can through up a SE PA HUNTERS thread and see who is in my area that is a member here

This might help, if it works for you.

This might help, if it works for you.
Thanks bud. appreciate that. Just did it & put myself in as well. Found 1 guy about 40miles. Hopefully more people will put there location in.

Back