• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Brutally cold weekend In Ohio!

flinginairos

Vendor Rep
Took my son to our lease in Ohio for the late muzzleloader season. No saddle hunting this weekend, just ground blinds with heaters! Lol. Yesterday evening our heater ran out of gas about 4pm and we were really starting to get cold. Not sure what the temp was but it sure felt like below zero with the wind in our face. At 5pm we finally had some deer move in and he made a perfect shot on this old doe. I felt so bad for him, we were looking for his deer and his feet and hands were so cold he couldn't help but cry. Luckily she didn't make it far and we got back to camp quickly and got warmed up! I opted to take pics this morning in the daylight and the deer was frozen solid! Lol. Great weekend and a good close to my 2016 deer season!
b616d35c3f26e98aca206b2c4bcdabf7.jpg

271fcfd7bb98e5229616699afbf50e47.jpg

d61e7b324c70eec9090de4d2a7d134c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, congrats to the young man!

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Took my son to our lease in Ohio for the late muzzleloader season. No saddle hunting this weekend, just ground blinds with heaters! Lol. Yesterday evening our heater ran out of gas about 4pm and we were really starting to get cold. Not sure what the temp was but it sure felt like below zero with the wind in our face. At 5pm we finally had some deer move in and he made a perfect shot on this old doe. I felt so bad for him, we were looking for his deer and his feet and hands were so cold he couldn't help but cry. Luckily she didn't make it far and we got back to camp quickly and got warmed up! I opted to take pics this morning in the daylight and the deer was frozen solid! Lol. Great weekend and a good close to my 2016 deer season!
b616d35c3f26e98aca206b2c4bcdabf7.jpg

271fcfd7bb98e5229616699afbf50e47.jpg

d61e7b324c70eec9090de4d2a7d134c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!!!!!! Priceless..... life time memories !!!!!

Wow, that hunt will never be forgotten by your little guy. There's nothing like hunting in the winter with the ground covered in snow.

Brings back many old memories including this one of a buck my son Chris took the morning after Christmas day with his bow in 1983. It was around 15 degrees and he was a trooper and climbed the big oak and took this buck about 8 am and he was on his own as I was elsewhere on the property. I'm sure I was more ecstatic about Chris's kill than he was and it was interesting to say the least to watch him dress it out. I'm sure Flinginairos felt the same way.

Chris with spike in winter.jpg

Back