• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Building my own arrows...

M. Wilson

Quick question for you guys. Recently I switched to an AAE vane, ok. I read on their site, and throughout forums that a primer pen is needed For the best adhesion. Does it have to be a primer pen? Will acetone work? Or nail polish remover? Anything work besides a 15$ primer pen that I can’t find anywhere but on amazon, and then wait 2 weeks on shipping??

I don't know about acetone, but rubbing alcohol definitely didn't help. The only thing I could use to get the vanes to adhere was with their primer pen.

I don't know about acetone, but rubbing alcohol definitely didn't help. The only thing I could use to get the vanes to adhere was with their primer pen.

That’s what I’m afraid of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I've heard with AAE that you pretty much have to use their primer pen to get them to stick to the shaft. I'm giving Zingers a shot so I don't have to mess with glue. Just buy bare shafts and slide them on.

Yeah I've heard with AAE that you pretty much have to use their primer pen to get them to stick to the shaft. I'm giving Zingers a shot so I don't have to mess with glue. Just buy bare shafts and slide them on.

Sounds like a good idea too. Let me know how they do will you?

Sounds like a good idea too. Let me know how they do will you?

I’ve had good luck sticking aae to vanes and shafts with no prep using bohning fletch fuse

I have them on wraps, with bohning glue. 3 came off today while shooting. Maybe I’m doing it wrong haha?

Hey I think I have a new prep pen that I didn’t open, let me check tomorrow & we’ll get ya straight

Oh shoot, that would be awesome bud. Let me know what I owe you

Back