• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Built-in Gear Hanger?

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
So, we all carry in some kinda pack or vest. Most of us climb up wearing it and its typically strapped to the tree first thing. In an effort to reduce the overall fiddle factor, I decided to build the gear hanger strap into my light one sitck/short hunt bino harness. It worked out awesome. Pretty easy mod if interested. One less thing to pull out while getting set up.

Gonna add one to my long hunt turkey vest next.
e51b7cd966c93e46fd03bf51d5c7abfd.jpg
e5740b37661acb583523cc086b6dfda1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What did you use in this build? Bino harness, tethrd predator pack and some extra straps? Interest in this. Do you one stick for climb method?

Yes sir. Alaskan Outfitters bino harness picked up on classifieds here, predator pack picked up from an awesome fella here as well, modified hawk helium with welded aluminium platform and a Kydex clip to hold it in. Put a piece of 4 inch webbing on the back of the harness for support. The Predator pack has so many mounting options. I did no modifications to the pack itself. Just sewed on some molle stays onto the harness and clipped it right in. The post subject, the gear strap, is a camo cargo strap that I sewed around the edge of the harness molle style. I use a G clip to secure it around the tree, much like the Tethrd gear strap.

Back