• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Built up shelfs.

Micneador

SH Member
I've finally decided to get my plates ordered and get ahold of some limbs for a warf bow riser I've had for over a year.

The riser I bought had a plunger/wire arm rest on it. Removed the wire arm but kept the plunger to play with. Berger hole sets to high to use an Accutune (or the chaep DIY idea ive seen eith a flat head bolt and a grub screw to lock it) so I would have to use an elevated rest of some sort or build up the shelf.

Found this in my father in laws extensive wood shop and cut it down/sanded it to fit the shelf. What do yall think? Better ideas to build up the shelf? If I don't like either options I may just shoot it off the shelf.Screenshot_20231113_172946_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231113_172939_Gallery.jpg

Out side my wheel house as I have only shot trad bows off the shelf but that might work. Might need to make some additional adjustments to get clean arrow flight though, guessing there. With the piece you have there, I think I might try to bevel the outside edge back in towards the rise some and then shoot feathers with the cock feather in if you arent getting good arrow flight like you have it. The bevel would be to gain a little more feather clearance with the lower hen feather. Not going to get full clearance but maybe enough to not adversely impact flight, again guessing. Hopefully the guys with experience shooting elevated rest will chime in. I am curious what they see or have experienced with similar setups.

Y
Out side my wheel house as I have only shot trad bows off the shelf but that might work. Might need to make some additional adjustments to get clean arrow flight though, guessing there. With the piece you have there, I think I might try to bevel the outside edge back in towards the rise some and then shoot feathers with the cock feather in if you arent getting good arrow flight like you have it. The bevel would be to gain a little more feather clearance with the lower hen feather. Not going to get full clearance but maybe enough to not adversely impact flight, again guessing. Hopefully the guys with experience shooting elevated rest will chime in. I am curious what they see or have experienced with similar setups.

I kind of just threw this together as an idea. I've seen a few ideas on the trad talk forums like some sort of epoxy/putty, chopsticks, toothpicks, etc. Haven't settled yet.

I still would like to make a diy accutune to see how I like it but either way I'll have to build the shelf up

I may have an extra Star Hunter rest laying around if you consider going in that direction.
The next best for me have been furniture pads you stick to the bottom of chair or table legs. All kinds of sizes and thicknesses for cheap.

Ended up getting some JB plastic weld stick and forming a shelf onto the bow itself. Added some velcro on it (and the bolt head) afterwards. Shoots well, need to do some final tuning and I MAY try to kill a doe with it before season ends. Screenshot_20231119_193659_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231119_193655_Gallery.jpg

The furniture pad will work and be a lot quieter I used to laminate leather and shape it to riser I’m using it for I bevel the front and back to eliminate contact as the peak will be in middle

Back