• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bullman Apex 2.0 and Platform voluntary recall

krub6b

SH Member
Just received a package from Bullman with 5 replacement platform steps and the attached note regarding a voluntary recall they are doing on steps with a date code of 2-23 on them. I'm hoping to get home tonight and discover my old steps don't match the affected date code. Pretty pleased that they are replacing any possibly affected steps no questions asked though. On the off chance that someone here has some second hand market steps that match the date code in question, here's your chance to reach out to Bullman or the person you purchased them from.PXL_20230515_142639436.jpg

Attachments

• bullman recall letter.pdf
    589.9 KB · Views: 5
Thanks. I have a ROS I bought here, I’ll reach out to Bullman.
( I do not see a date stamp.)

InkedPXL_20230515_155308446.MP.jpg
The red arrow is pointing to the date stamp on this one. It's a circle with an arrow in the center pointing to a number 1-12 on the outside ring of the circle and a 23 by the side of the arrow.

View attachment 84894
The red arrow is pointing to the date stamp on this one. It's a circle with an arrow in the center pointing to a number 1-12 on the outside ring of the circle and a 23 by the side of the arrow.
Ok. I used my iPhone magnifier and it says 22’ in that tiny dial.
Thanks again.

Probably 4-5 years ago when or around when they first came out I purchased a ring of steps of these and, I slipped on them a gazillion times especially when it was chilly and damp.
i loved them but just kept slipping.
i wanted for them to be the ones I loved but, just wasnt meant to be.
did they change the design? Or put somthing on the top? Like anti slip?
i then found treehopper steps and never looked back.

Probably 4-5 years ago when or around when they first came out I purchased a ring of steps of these and, I slipped on them a gazillion times especially when it was chilly and damp.
i loved them but just kept slipping.
i wanted for them to be the ones I loved but, just wasnt meant to be.
did they change the design? Or put somthing on the top? Like anti slip?
i then found treehopper steps and never looked back.
Yes they changed the design and added a second type of step that is larger and angled on all sides to match the angle of your lean. I haven’t slipped on them at all.

Hey guys I just spoke to Shawn about the recall. Basically there was a temperature issue with the batch made on the date of the recall (approximately 6,000 steps). The condition is known as cold plastic. The special plastic blend needs to maintain a specific temperature during the curing process or it weakens the plastic. That temperature wasn’t maintained on that batch. A couple of them broke during testing. Instead of waiting to see how many fail or lowering the weight rating for the steps in question, he decided to go ahead and scrap the whole batch and send out replacements as a precaution. As pointed out above the date is stamped on the side of the steps. I like that bullman is being pro-active and issuing the recall rather than waiting until season and hoping that no one gets hurt like some other manufacturers have done in the past. He said anyone whose steps were ordered and filled from that batch should have gotten an email about the recall and a replacement shipment notice.

Hey guys I just spoke to Shawn about the recall. Basically there was a temperature issue with the batch made on the date of the recall (approximately 6,000 steps). The condition is known as cold plastic. The special plastic blend needs to maintain a specific temperature during the curing process or it weakens the plastic. That temperature wasn’t maintained on that batch. A couple of them broke during testing. Instead of waiting to see how many fail or lowering the weight rating for the steps in question, he decided to go ahead and scrap the whole batch and send out replacements as a precaution. As pointed out above the date is stamped on the side of the steps. I like that bullman is being pro-active and issuing the recall rather than waiting until season and hoping that no one gets hurt like some other manufacturers have done in the past. He said anyone whose steps were ordered and filled from that batch should have gotten an email about the recall and a replacement shipment notice.
Hard to ask for much more than that.

My initial email about the recall was in my spam folder, hopefully anyone who bought some and resold them will pass on the recall info or the replacement steps to whoever they sold them to

oh good I figured they would eventually change that Those steps were really sweet but, slippery when wet lol
I am going to use the Apex for climbing. In my limited testing using a timber hitch, they are as solid as my Treehopper steps. Plus they have a bigger usable step area, are lighter and pack better.
I also got a shipping notice of the replacement steps. Shawn said to dispose of the old steps.
Great guy to be proactive and stand behind his product.

I am going to use the Apex for climbing. In my limited testing using a timber hitch, they are as solid as my Treehopper steps. Plus they have a bigger usable step area, are lighter and pack better.
I also got a shipping notice of the replacement steps. Shawn said to dispose of the old steps.
Great guy to be proactive and stand behind his product.
Oh yea. Sean is a great guy. I hear he is a great guitar player too

Just received a package from Bullman with 5 replacement platform steps and the attached note regarding a voluntary recall they are doing on steps with a date code of 2-23 on them. I'm hoping to get home tonight and discover my old steps don't match the affected date code. Pretty pleased that they are replacing any possibly affected steps no questions asked though. On the off chance that someone here has some second hand market steps that match the date code in question, here's your chance to reach out to Bullman or the person you purchased them from.View attachment 84893

Hey guys, Shawn here from Bullman Outdoors. I put together this video to be shared about what's been going on. I appreciate everyone's support and understanding. Your safety is our #1 priority.
Thanks for the video Shawn. And thank you for choosing safety and caution over profit. I enjoy working with and using the products from guys that go the extra mile!!! The platform and apex 2 steps are incredible

Thanks for the video Shawn. And thank you for choosing safety and caution over profit. I enjoy working with and using the products from guys that go the extra mile!!! The platform and apex 2 steps are incredible
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Back