• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cam cleats on beast sticks???

Looks like you have the opportunity to be the first. This also gives you the right to name it after yourself so that you may be eternally idolized in the saddle world. Adding cam cleats to beast sticks will forever be known as “The Gomes” mod. Carpe Diem, my friend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! May have to do it for that reason alone...then possibly sell it as the first ever as collectors edition.

They will not stack well unless you put them on the side of the stick which is not as safe imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking forward to it. Im curious about one sticking with my helium. I would like to hear if you like cleats or versa strap better for 1 sticking.

So i tried the miniversa straps today. I did not like them so far. They are both tough to put in and get off. I did not have a problem getting the stick tight. But it is definitely an effort getting them off. I tried both as a versa strap and using the strap like a rope mod. Both were tough to remove and took considerable more time then just the stock strap.

I have some regular versa straps coming as well as some rope. I received the cam cleat. As soon as the rope comes in i will try it out as well

Yeah. I just ordered the material...also ordered the versa minis as well to see what i like better

What exactly did you order. I ordered a cam cleat off amazon. Now I need M4 bolts 2 1/4” long. Seems kind of small to me.

What exactly did you order. I ordered a cam cleat off amazon. Now I need M4 bolts 2 1/4” long. Seems kind of small to me.

Havent picked the bolts yet... going to a friend that works with that kind of stuff to see what he suggest. Order the harken 150 from west marine and samson accessory cord from lfs marine. Haven't received ripe yet

I put my cams on the side of my DIY sticks. Worked fine.

I put my cams on the side of my DIY sticks. Worked fine.

I think i seen a pic of yours or someone elses on here that did that...for some reason i hear people on here saying dont do that...not sure why....haven't really thoughtabout it either though.

My fear with the beast sticks is drilling nore holes in a stick that is already filled with holes...may make it to weak and bend or break in the area when weight and pressure is applied. That is whether i decide to put on side or front.

d2d54f216ad2e3df7f07a47e81d89bc3.jpg

I used grade 8 hex head lag bolts from lowes for my ronstan Large cam cleat. 1/4”-20x 3” with a grade 8 lock nut. I cut off extra to sit flush. Solid and I trust the large version of the cam cleat at 750lbs over the 300lb harken 150.

Wouldn't having cleats on the side of the stick rather than the front make it more prone to the rope being bumped or pulled out of the cams? Side cleats are not in-line with the natural path of the rope wrapping around the tree. It has to make a hard 90 bend right before entering the cams. I assume you must wrap the tag end of rope back under the stick and around it, then making a half hitch back around the rope to keep it in place. Otherwise it seems like it would be too easy to accidentally dislodge the rope from the cam. I would take safety over stick stackability if this were an issue...

I recieved the standard versa straps today and just put them on and off the versa button in the house...seems much easier than the minis so far...i will find out more when i try one sticking with them.. also recieved the rope for cam cleat mod today. I wont get around to that until next week as i am going out of town.

Back