• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Camo painted my new Muddy sticks and LoneWolf seat/platform

AccPrnHunter

So I just bought some new Muddy sticks and a LoneWolf seat for a platform. I painted them all camo now! Got the seat (platform) off Amazon for $130! It has a bolt for leveling it, but I took it out while painting. It doesn’t come with straps so I bought them separate. It should work great, we’ll see soon enough.
345dc7e01a9ecb14375af57835695ac7.jpg

4557fab25700633f8b45d68099cbcae1.jpg

f251f6824c0af2e214eda5c03fadd0a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just bought some new Muddy sticks and a LoneWolf seat for a platform. I painted them all camo now! Got the seat (platform) off Amazon for $130! It has a bolt for leveling it, but I took it out while painting. It doesn’t come with straps so I bought them separate. It should work great, we’ll see soon enough.
345dc7e01a9ecb14375af57835695ac7.jpg

4557fab25700633f8b45d68099cbcae1.jpg

f251f6824c0af2e214eda5c03fadd0a7.jpg

How much do those muddies weigh? Wonder if you could drill them out?

For the amount of weight, it’s really not worth doing. If you cut 12 oz off of the total it would be a lot. I think they’re advertised at 2.5 lbs ea.

I’m waiting on my straps to get here. Should be today. I’ll post a pic when I get it set up.

I had to modify the post a little bit to make it work. It had to be a little longer and needed something to bite into the tree a bit. It works good now. I may switch to a ratchet strap though. The ones I bought are a little hard to work with. Because the platform doesn’t have teeth like a predator, it doesn’t cam down to lock it in. Overall it would be worth spending the extra money for a predator or something similar, but they are still on back order and I needed something now.
f8903f23cb875991490a7f6d29f2f0fa.jpg

I had to modify the post a little bit to make it work. It had to be a little longer and needed something to bite into the tree a bit. It works good now. I may switch to a ratchet strap though. The ones I bought are a little hard to work with. Because the platform doesn’t have teeth like a predator, it doesn’t cam down to lock it in. Overall it would be worth spending the extra money for a predator or something similar, but they are still on back order and I needed something now.

3a5e18c8301cf1ba0870a62b3b0eb1da.jpg

Move your seat to the middle of the post and attach the strap to the back of the seat. It will cam down as you step on it and be tighter

There isn’t a way to make it cam because it’s just a flip up seat. The stand portion itself doesn’t extend back past the post. It’s just hinges up and down. If it extended beyond the back of the post similar to a predator platform it would because it causes that additional tension pushing and adding pressure to the strap. This is completely supported by the strap and the teeth biting into the tree. I tried multiple positions with this. I’ve had the post where it was mostly at the top of the platform, I’ve had it mostly at the bottom and also in the middle. No matter where it was it would always pull away from the tree or rotate until I put the additional teeth at the bottom. The strap has to be directly behind the platform in order to make those teeth bite the best, but I needed the ones at the bottom to keep it from pivoting. Overall it would of been better to just buy the predator, but I can’t find one and they are still on back order.

Move your seat to the middle of the post and attach the strap to the back of the seat. It will cam down as you step on it and be tighter

Oh I think I see what you’re talking about. Attach the strap directly to the platform? That I haven’t tried. That might work. Thanks.

The one I made similar to that locks up solid. It doesn’t take side pressure quite as well as my Ridgerunner or Scout solo with Amsteel timber hitches, but still acceptable.

1151ec0fd4eab7d2f62fa7f9bbd8a9a2.jpg

1cc2a097e86a20cc592970b9709893ed.jpg

Back