• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Camofire

Weldabeast

SH Member
@bigmike23 disappointing products thread makes me want to start this 1....I'm pretty sure there are others beside me that eyeball camofire pretty regular...what have u got and how is it....I won't be able to remember the exact wording of the name of the product and I wouldn't expect u guys either...try and do a good job on description so we'll know what to look for as it cycles thru the week..

HME Dear Drag/ Handle- It looked beefy and I thought with the rubber coated aluminum aircraft cable coated cinch loops and the longer and slightly bent plastic handle (looked like gray pvc) it would hold up. It works ok but the handle broke because it was cold and it actually shattered. I wasn't impressed. My home made deer drag or handle works way better.

Browning 800gm waterproof and insulated boots in ATACS camo. They were regularly $149 or something like that and went for $52. They actually are not a bad boot so far. They are certainly warm and light and so far seem decently waterproof. The are pretty light but stiff but I'm breaking them in. Would I buy them again? Probably not. Were they a complete waste of $$$ regardless of discount? No.

HME Rubber Coated Wire- I love this stuff and use it for all of my trail cameras and for making mock scrapes. Highly recommend when they have the OD colored roll packs on sale. The leaf green color isn't too bad but I prefer the OD almost gray color wire.... blends in to anything.

Pnuma Insulator mid-layer vest is legit. Tag says the 3M thinsulate is equivalent to 650-800g fill. Bought it at ~$33 (originally $110). The tail is nice and long, pockets are fleece lined, there is a inner drawstring at the bottom hem, and this thing is WARM. Probably going to buy my wife one when it comes around again and she ain't even a hunter :D

Edit: Oh and the Terra pattern isn't made with brighteners. Cmon man... of course I checked when I got it!

Edit edit: Turns out I 'accidentally' put another small one of these vests (Caza - the color I don't have) in the cart this morning when buying my wife one. Tried real real hard but the dern thing wouldn't come out of the cart. ;)

Last edited:
Pnuma Insulator mid-layer vest is legit. Tag says the 3M thinsulate is equivalent to 650-800g fill. Bought it at ~$35 (originally $110). The tail is nice and long, pockets are fleece lined, there is a inner drawstring at the bottom hem, and this thing is WARM. Probably going to buy my wife one when it comes around again and she ain't even a hunter :D
https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/14

this one?

Agree on the black ovis merino. I have a few different shirts and like them all. Also have a few of the plythal pieces. The sweatshirt is nice. Tight fit good for bow hunting and layering. The prima vest is warm but pretty loud.

Alps back pack. Plus some misc stuff. All name brand. The price is only good if you can dodge the shipping. I think it's the 100$ limit.

Black Ovis merino has been awesome! Other than that my only other purchase was the rugid Bino harness and I wanted to like it for the 25 bucks but it was such a piece of **** it ended up in the dumpster

Other than the rubber-coated wire, everything from HME I’ve bought has been cheap junk.
Hunter’s Specialties stuff is junk too, especially their turkey calls.
Plythal merino socks are pretty good.
Alps bino harness stinks.

Happy with the plythal camo I bought on there. I have the bibs, puffer jacket, and prerut jacket.

There are some items that have GS in the title....the GS stands.for guide series like what gander mountain sold.
The grey zip off quick dry pants show up with gander tags. I have like 5 pairs now. I've worn hunting but I wouldn't recommend. They are just soft stretchy "river" style pants good for warm weather activity like fishing or canoeing.
The cheap bibs are definetly worth 20 bucks. They were sold at gander for over 100. Water resistance is so so...they are quilted and for us here in the south are they are good....maybe not the best choice for u guys up where it gets cold.
The gander guide series isn't highesy quality but it isn't junk

Their base layers are phenomenal. I have the light and mid weight and I am utterly happy with them.

Purchased a set of natural gear pants and pullover, quality stuff.

Their merino wool fingerless gloves have been great.

I purchased QAD lighted nocks that were the worst.

Turkey calls have been okay.

Turkey decoys have been awesome.

I got some of the camofire brand telescoping walking sticks and they're really nice.

Their base layers are phenomenal. I have the light and mid weight and I am utterly happy with them.

Purchased a set of natural gear pants and pullover, quality stuff.

Their merino wool fingerless gloves have been great.

I purchased QAD lighted nocks that were the worst.

Turkey calls have been okay.

Turkey decoys have been awesome.

I got some of the camofire brand telescoping walking sticks and they're really nice.
Are you referring to the black ovis base layers?

I check camofire daily. And have purchased too much from them. Just ordered a rivers west 40/40 jacket in mossy oak water camo.
I assume everything they sell is factory seconds or damaged or somehow just not something they normally charge full price for. but hey I’m a “function over form” kinda guy so it’s never bothered me to pay less. However occasionally Jeff bezos will have the same or close enough price and with free shipping, well...

I've bought a few Kryptek pieces off CF it seems to cycle through regularly. Bar none, the ugliest camo in the biz. But the quality of the stuff is great, on par with Sitka for way cheaper. That camo though.

Heads up also BlackOvis is the same company as CamoFire but with free shipping. A lot of items when you factor in that you have to pay for shipping on CF, the price is the same.

I've bought a few Kryptek pieces off CF it seems to cycle through regularly. Bar none, the ugliest camo in the biz. But the quality of the stuff is great, on par with Sitka for way cheaper. That camo though.

Heads up also BlackOvis is the same company as CamoFire but with free shipping. A lot of items when you factor in that you have to pay for shipping on CF, the price is the same.
All of the Kryptek clothing I've had the threads and seams start to come undone with very minimal use. I steer clear now.

My favorite item has been the Black Ovis Trailhead hoodie. The fit is perfect on me, I own 3 different colors. I just wish it wasn't made in Chy-Na.

Back