• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carry sticks and bow on bike

GBRHEL

I recently bought a Rambo e-bike. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience on packing sticks and bow on the ride in/out. I can attatch sticks to my pack, not sure it would be wise to attatch bow also.

I use a milk crate attached to a rear bike rack to hold my saddle and Wildedge steps or sticks. I use tie downs to hold sticks when not using the WE steps. I use a bow sling to carry my longbow across my back. I had it originally attached to my handle bar with a racks but was afraid it would become damaged if I had to lay the bike down. I hunt private bottom land in Louisiana and negotiate some fairly muddy trails

I have seen people mount Rhino Grips in the handlebars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a backpack that's made to carry a bow. I have a front and back rack and saddle bags to carry the rest of my gear.

Attachments

• 20200712_121208.jpg
    20200712_121208.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200626_104820.jpg
    20200626_104820.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 115
I use a milk crate attached to a rear bike rack to hold my saddle and Wildedge steps or sticks. I use tie downs to hold sticks when not using the WE steps. I use a bow sling to carry my longbow across my back. I had it originally attached to my handle bar with a racks but was afraid it would become damaged if I had to lay the bike down. I hunt private bottom land in Louisiana and negotiate some fairly muddy trails

X2........only difference: I use the Primos Bowsling to carry my bow on my back.

Thanks guys for the info. I like the rhino grips, but scared the rough terrain may rattle the bow too much??? Maybe I will use the racks and sling. Thanks again

Gator Grip is what I use on my Bakou Mule to carry my bow or crossbow.

I have a video on how I attach my gear to my bike. I have since modified the rack and added a board to the top of the rack which makes everything more stable.
I try not to carry anything on my back, I did when I first started using a bike and I always thought if I fall off the bike I could end up getting hurt.

facae5cbc0802403ca98bf0b98259762.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sticks and saddle gear on my back in a Eberlestock X2 and my bow is held on my handlebars with ATV gun grips. Holds my bow very securely and never had any issues. Been doing this for many years.

I recently bought a Rambo e-bike. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience on packing sticks and bow on the ride in/out. I can attatch sticks to my pack, not sure it would be wise to attatch bow also.
I have the Quiet Kat and luv it. I have the rear cargo holder and strap my sticks to it. But I carry my sticks in with a shoulder strap and not on my pack. Just wear the pack and I have gator holders on handlebars for my bow.

Back