• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carrying Sticks Out and Up?

Doug2020

I picked up 4 XOP mini sticks.
In the videos where people have hang on stands they just clip them to the stand to bring them in the bush and up the tree.

For those that are walking in with no hang on stand how are you carrying them into the bush and more so how are you getting your sticks up the tree?

I have been thinking of multiple ways but curious what everyone else is doing.
Lots of good ideas and experience on this forum to learn from.

Thanks

Doug

If im using multipal sticks ( 2 or more), I have them strapped to my pack/vest when walking in, then use a gear tie to attach them to my saddle for the climb. One on each side and sometimes one in the middle back. Lots of products out there to attach to molle loops to allow you to hook items in.

I use and old gym bag strap when I'm carrying sticks alone. I sometimes use an Eberlestock X2 pack which holds them nicely in the sides. Nite Ize gear tie or S biner to attach to pack or saddle to climb with.

I use two tent bungees to secure my sticks all together, I then use paracord on my saddle to carry sticks up with me on my sides. cheap and ez

You could always use your tether or lineman belt as a sling to hook on each end of the stick and throw over your shoulder for carrying. Or just attach them to your pack as show above.

When climbing I typically hang the sticks off my saddle with some 550 cord or a nite ize twist tie. Lighter sticks I prefer the twist tie since it is rigid and easier to use, IMO.

I'll be experimenting this weekend.
I don't have a saddle (hoping to find a used one) but will benefit from practicing going up and down the tree as this is all new to me.

MR Pop up 28 - Lay large Nite-Ize gear tie down horizontal on the pack. Use the pack's cinch straps to attach sticks on top of gear tie. Lay platform down and then use Gear tie to attach platform to sticks. Small gear tie, permanently attached to platform for hanging in the tree and on pack when climbing, attaches to stick and secures verticle angle.
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 8.17.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 8.17.46 AM.png

My lone wolf sticks have the strap and buckle to hold them all together and I just sling them or carry them to the tree in my hand. When I'm at the tree, I hang a stick, re-clip the others together hang them off my first stick and repeat the process. I always seem to bang my sticks off something if I hang them off my saddle/pack on the way up.

Back