• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cheap-O grapple hook

I'm confused. Do you use that to pick up items that you dropped from up in the tree? I could see using it as a weight for holding your line in the surf, but how do you use it in the saddle?

I bring a grapple on every hunt for the last 10 years or more. Its on my pull up rope and I use it to pull my backpack and bow up, plus dropped items or pulling in branches just out of reach that needs trimming.

Is that just copper wire you bend out for the hook?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I welded together popped bungee s hooks. Very strong.
I liked your idea about a hook with enough strength to pull up heavy items ( luckily I've never dropped anything real heavy) but not seeing your hook i just imagined that may be hard to pack. i made this at lunch. Lays down flat to keep in a cargo pocket or pouch on the saddle. Not the prettiest thing I've ever made, working with a limited timeframe, but function before form. I just need to find a magnet to epoxy to the bottom. Some 1/4 nuts, 1/4 allthread, and some 1/8 tig filler rod

Attachments

• IMG_20190606_193905.jpg
    IMG_20190606_193905.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20190606_194515.jpg
    IMG_20190606_194515.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 117
You guys need to go full shark rig like I did last season. 14/0 stainless.

61ffa6989fe3b35ba03255191d1e8781.jpg

Makes a good bow holder as well.

Just in case you ever need to pull up your kids bike
Great. I can see it now...

"Hey yall. I recently began riding my bike into remote areas to get away from the masses. I'm wondering if a Qlipter on a hammock strap would be an acceptable hanger since I started pulling my bike up into the tree using the @Weldabeast method. Anyone have experience with this?"

Quick! Who's going to start producing bicycles in Realtree EDGE, Mossy Oak Breakup Country, and Sitka Optifade? ;-)

You guys need to go full shark rig like I did last season. 14/0 stainless.

61ffa6989fe3b35ba03255191d1e8781.jpg

Makes a good bow holder as well.
Couldn't you just leave your gun/bow in the truck and just hunt with that?

Edit.....i just looked at the regs..you have to file the barbs off to be public land legal

Last edited:
I liked your idea about a hook with enough strength to pull up heavy items ( luckily I've never dropped anything real heavy) but not seeing your hook i just imagined that may be hard to pack. i made this at lunch. Lays down flat to keep in a cargo pocket or pouch on the saddle. Not the prettiest thing I've ever made, working with a limited timeframe, but function before form. I just need to find a magnet to epoxy to the bottom. Some 1/4 nuts, 1/4 allthread, and some 1/8 tig filler rod

I have pics on other threads on the site. I can’t find one now but I keep it tied to a 3/8 pull rope. I hate skinny ropes because they get tangled and catch branches while trying pull stuff up of dropping the hook down to fish up the next item. Plus it’s easy on the hands with heavier items. So this is how I store it and it goes on every hunt. It’s always good to have rope while in the woods.
1ededd8af46006a8dd1c0e8a0be47da0.jpg

Back