• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cheap source of .75" square tubing?

Search local awning fabrication shops...onlinemetals.com seems to have the best shipping rates as far as that goes

Metal super markets there is probably one close or you should be able to get it cheaper or buymetal.com

I appreciate you guys. Unfortunately onlinemetals.com doesn't seem to stock. 75" stuff, and buymetal.com still wants $20+ to ship. Dont have a Metal Supermarket close by (Bham is closest at a 4 hour drive, AND you have to suffer through Bham, bleh).

I guess I'll just have to pay the piper. :(

have metal supermarket ship it to you or Im sure they deal with someone local that you can get it for cheap
Just went to go and call the Birmingham store and they're OOB. Lol. I appreciate the help. There's one guy locally that does metalwork, but I think he's just steel. I'll call him and then just grit my teeth.

What's the limit of what you will spend to get it sent to you?

10-4. I would buy as much as I could get shipped for $20 if it were me.

I have a source, but I don’t know that they use 3/4”.

10-4. I would buy as much as I could get shipped for $20 if it were me.

I have a source, but I don’t know that they use 3/4”.
Yeah, what sucks is I originally thought I'd just order one stick to see how I liked it. But I'm ordering all 4, and will be ordering 24" sticks. I plan to start off long and trim them down to 20" most likely. I dang sure ain't buying 20" and then doing 24!

I would trust the thin wall tubing as long as you have bushings at the penetration points...button, stand offs. Would be a pain to get everything lined up

My machinist is checking local sources - I'll let you know if we're successful. Shipping won't be that high from me.

So how much interest is there in .75" 6061 1/8" wall sticks? We can do a bulk order and get much better pricing for everyone, but we would have to order the equivalent of 60 sticks. Can still get a little better pricing with a smaller order of 30 sticks.

Maybe @ImThere can post some pics of his sticks to stir some hype up?

I know mine are gonna be uber-light and compact. 3" wide if side stacked, and maybe 1.3lbs per each without having to drill out holes.

Back