• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing DRT with SitDrag...any tips?

Weatherman

Any tips on climbing DRT with SitDrag/RCH? Specifically, keeping the SitDrag in place while climbing so I’m not trying to position it at height. Haven’t tried my hand at sewing yet but may soon. Any other tricks out there? Thanks!

Here was a post I made on my early experience with climbing SRT with a sit drag. I have posted about it in many other threads since until people are sick of hearing it. :D

Here was a post I made on my early experience with climbing SRT with a sit drag. I have posted about it in many other threads since until people are sick of hearing it. :D
Thank you sir. Just to clarify, I am climbing DRT with a RCH. Trying to incorporate the SitDrag for the ride up so it’s close to being in position at hunting height so I won’t have a lot of fanagling to do once I get up there. I’ve put a friction hitch and Viber on the line just above my RCH tie-in, then clipped my SitDrag bridge into it, then Tightened it up. Works ok...just seeing if anyone’s built a better mouse trap.

Thank you sir. Just to clarify, I am climbing DRT with a RCH. Trying to incorporate the SitDrag for the ride up so it’s close to being in position at hunting height so I won’t have a lot of fanagling to do once I get up there. I’ve put a friction hitch and Viber on the line just above my RCH tie-in, then clipped my SitDrag bridge into it, then Tightened it up. Works ok...just seeing if anyone’s built a better mouse trap.
I think you are doing it as I did when I started. Having 2 devices to manage was not optimum, IMHO. I used the sit drag with belt all last fall to shoot a deer. I have tried DRT and SRT and needed a foot ascender to climb DRT. Hip thrust was not easy hanging in free air. I never tried it with my feet on the tree trunk since my backyard tree was not configured to do it. If you can DRT, you can SRT. SRT has many advantages. Joe on NY Saddlehunter is finding that out if you've ever watched their videos.

Yea they make great videos. Just not willing to buy a hand ascender and a belay device right now.

Back