• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing Gear sale on Backcountry.com

Cavman66

what are the juiciest things y'all would be buying for rappel or climbing setups.

i still need a rappel device. really dont want to drop a full 80+ on the safeguard, but need something that will let me go handsfree to take steps off the tree

But how many 20" helium sticks does it take to get that high, lolololol, with or without aiders?

I got the hollow block, but would that completely hold me in conjunction with an ATc? Feel like I’d still need a hand on the rope to keep it from feeding. Also I read using a single rope with the ATC is only weight rated for like 180, and with some wet clothes I’m about 210

I got the hollow block, but would that completely hold me in conjunction with an ATc? Feel like I’d still need a hand on the rope to keep it from feeding. Also I read using a single rope with the ATC is only weight rated for like 180, and with some wet clothes I’m about 210

maybe try a VT prussik or another friction hitch that will grab harder than an autoblock?

Nice!!! I love when someone asks "how high you can get with that climbing set up". As high as I want, duh.

I got Beal’s 5mm BackUp Line on the sale, but had to return due to bumps in the core. They caused it to fuzz up immediately so decided not to get another, the cover didn’t seem robust enough. Was hoping to get the Canyon Lux instead in a short length, but were sold out.

180lbs? What kind of rope are you using? Yarn? Clothesline?

Please do more research before you are the guy on the news who fell out of a tree.

I think it has more to do with the gripping abilities of the average person than the break strength of the gear and rope.

@007hunter ah apologies, I was looking at the settings of 0-3 and thought the 3 meant you needed double rope through the atc, not that it needs two carabiners with the high side of the ATC toward the tag end. misunderstanding there.

Back