• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cold Feet?

ricky racer

With the hot temps we have been experiencing in the last month or so, cold weather gear might be far from our minds. However, cold weather will be here before we know it. I've seem many posts here by people who get cold feet when the temps drop.
Some of you know I'm a big fan of Wiggy's. Currently Wiggy's (Jerry Wigutow) is offering, through Sept. 30th, among other items, his Mukluks for $150. Normally $225, his Mukluks are a staple of Arctic oil field workers, dog mushers etc. throughout the north. These Mukluks are made to be worn over your regular hunting boots, hiking boots etc. A lot of the mushers wear them over tennis shoes. Those of you that suffer from cold feet can wear your hiking boots to your stand, slip on the Mukluks over your boot before climbing the tree. The Mukluks can be rolled up and strapped to your backpack to and from the stand or they can be worn to and from your stand.
I just thought I'd mention it here while they are on sale. I have no stake in Wiggy's I'm just a fan. All of his gear is made in Grand Junction, Colorado so it's an opportunity to buy the warmest gear made and buy a US made product as well.

Mukluks__77326.1418004603.1280.1280.jpg

https://www.wiggys.com/footwear/wiggys-mukluks/

No one knows how to keep you warm better than Wiggy.

Thanks for the heads up! I've honestly never heard of em, I'll do some research. They sound very promising

I was eyeballing them last year also. Cold feet are what always drive me from the stand so I just ordered a pair!
Thanks for the heads up!

I was eyeballing them last year also. Cold feet are what always drive me from the stand so I just ordered a pair!
Thanks for the heads up!

It's usually best to call Jerry before you order to make sure you get the proper size. When you call, Jerry will answer the phone. If you just placed an order, I'd still call him and discuss sizes in case he thinks you need a different size. It might save having to send them back to exchange. He'll know what size you'll need after talking with him.

Tempting for sure! For anyone that has them, what material is the outside made of?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It's usually best to call Jerry before you order to make sure you get the proper size. When you call, Jerry will answer the phone. If you just placed an order, I'd still call him and discuss sizes in case he thinks you need a different size. It might save having to send them back to exchange. He'll know what size you'll need after talking with him.

I have a size 13 shoe so I got the largest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These have to work! Last year I was using Alpaca socks and foot warmers and that didn't cut the mustard. The foot warmers need air to work. I would get them going, put them in my boots and an hour later my feet would be cold again. I would take them out and put in a new set and the old ones would come alive in my pocket. I'm guessing they weren't getting enough air in my shoes.

With the hot temps we have been experiencing in the last month or so, cold weather gear might be far from our minds. However, cold weather will be here before we know it. I've seem many posts here by people who get cold feet when the temps drop.
Some of you know I'm a big fan of Wiggy's. Currently Wiggy's (Jerry Wigutow) is offering, through Sept. 30th, among other items, his Mukluks for $150. Normally $225, his Mukluks are a staple of Arctic oil field workers, dog mushers etc. throughout the north. These Mukluks are made to be worn over your regular hunting boots, hiking boots etc. A lot of the mushers wear them over tennis shoes. Those of you that suffer from cold feet can wear your hiking boots to your stand, slip on the Mukluks over your boot before climbing the tree. The Mukluks can be rolled up and strapped to your backpack to and from the stand or they can be worn to and from your stand.
I just thought I'd mention it here while they are on sale. I have no stake in Wiggy's I'm just a fan. All of his gear is made in Grand Junction, Colorado so it's an opportunity to buy the warmest gear made and buy a US made product as well.

Mukluks__77326.1418004603.1280.1280.jpg

https://www.wiggys.com/footwear/wiggys-mukluks/

No one knows how to keep you warm better than Wiggy.
So, you personally use these and put them on at the tree? Assuming you do, how difficult is it to get them on? And would they fit over a rubber boot, or does it have to be a hiking boot?

Last edited:
I don't have the Mukluks. I do have these.
20190823_202139-288x512.jpg
20190823_202133-288x512.jpg

Wiggy's doesn't make these any more. I don't normally suffer from cold feet. So I don't think I really need Mukluks. I have a fair amount of Wiggy's gear and it works great in Michigan's winter. One of the best pieces of Wiggy's gear I've ever purchased is his jacket liner and his vest liner. Okay, that's two things....
Anyone interested in trying the Mukluks should call Jerry and tell him what you'll be wearing for boots and ask him. I don't know if they'd fit over rubber boots or not. I think they were just made to fit over leather boots.

Back