• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Committed to no training wheel next season

HuumanCreed

SH Member
I had a few paragraphs explaining my reasoning but then I realizes I don't need to justify myself to the forum. I was trying to justify it to MYSELF via using you guys as proxy, and was trying to gain peer approvals. But its not about you, its my journey. Its about me I have to be at peace with my decision. Only exception will be WV gun season where my son and I might hunt with my FIL and his club. But other than that, only traditional bow next season. I don't think I'll ever truly forsaken my compound bows, but for the rest of the year and next season, I'm going to commit to a single string. Wish me luck.

1679929190178.png

You’ve put in the time to understand deer, to be a good shot and to know how and when to approach the right location to make a kill. Choosing to do it with a trad bow will only serve to make you a better and more patient hunter. You’ll get nothing but respect and support from me about making that choice!

That’s great man. Approval seeking is a waste of energy that could be better spent elsewhere. I see it so many times with crossbow users. ”Oh, Oh, my arm, shoulder, back, neck, wrist, whatever….otherwise I’d use my compound“. Pssh, I use a crossbow because I want to use it and I don't feel the need to make excuses or get anyones stamp of approval to do so. And if you hunt just a week with that trad, change your mind and go back to the compound I won’t be judging you. No I’ll respect you more doing what’s best for you and not worrying about what others might think. Good luck this season!

I had a few paragraphs explaining my reasoning but then I realizes I don't need to justify myself to the forum. I was trying to justify it to MYSELF via using you guys as proxy, and was trying to gain peer approvals. But its not about you, its my journey. Its about me I have to be at peace with my decision. Only exception will be WV gun season where my son and I might hunt with my FIL and his club. But other than that, only traditional bow next season. I don't think I'll ever truly forsaken my compound bows, but for the rest of the year and next season, I'm going to commit to a single string. Wish me luck.

View attachment 83171
That's a great attitude.
Much respect to you brother.

nice! i'm doing the opposite, this year i want to try to kill one with a compound, one with the HC mini, one with a rifle and if i can practice enough, one with a recurve lol. looking forward to hearing about your progress/hunts

If that’s what you want to do you better save the recurve for last cause when you kill one with the stickbow, you might never want to pick up those other weapons again. ;)

Last edited:
Good for you! You have my approval!!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Nice looking rig, what is it? Now, don’t be looking down your nose at us wheelers and Xer’s !!!
Its a UK brand Mybo Pathfinder 17in with 40lbs Samick Discovery R1 limbs making a 62". Also has a Mathews detachable quiver. I have been fortunate to try multiple ILF risers the past 2 years but never found one that l liked. Randomly saw a review by Merlin Archery and was instantly in love with the riser. It reminds me of my Red Wing Pro Slimline but with a really small grip. I really like the grip. With it being passed center and limbs design, it actually fly straight using 28" 500 spine with 200gr in front.

Going to alternate between this and my Maddog Predator. @GCTerpfan said only wood bows are allowed on his property if l want to hunt there.

Its damn quiet and also no vibration. Have put over 100 arrows and the paracord silencers still have not puffed out yet!
52b6e8245c3ce018cda1782dfbf85833.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Have put over 100 arrows and the paracord silencers still have not puffed out yet!
You can help them begin fraying with a pen/pencil tip, knife point, etc. Start near the end of the piece of paracord and run the pencil tip away from the string. Only do like 1/8" at a time.

Back