• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Control...

Good Morning!

If this is not allowed please remove it.
This is not a political stance or issue but one of control.
And this has been going on during multiple Administrations and both parties' control of Congress.

I recently purchased a Visa gift card to make a top secret online purchase (hunting gear and my wife does not approve of me spending too much).
The vendor is a member here, EWO, and the Visa company has flagged that vendor and will not tell me why.
My only possible thought is that the Visa Gift card vendor has blocked hunting/gun-related purchases.
I have verified this by trying to purchase Ammo from a local gun store and the same denial.
I also tried another vendor Tethrd and the same denial.
I even tried to trick the system by using it via Paypal.

If you do not think there is attempted control of We The People think again!
I have used other gift cards without issue with this and other related vendors.
Thanks for listening!

Can't help you with the Visa question but I would not put anything past big corporations these days. As to the spending, you can work on that aspect of things. Get some sales brochures for high end motorcycles or start talking about buying a Shelby Cobra or a top end bass boat or something along those lines. After a few weeks, say you have decided to be more financially responsible and only spend money on needed items for hunting. The drastic price difference will make the hunting purchases seem small and reasonable by comparison.

Can't help you with the Visa question but I would not put anything past big corporations these days. As to the spending, you can work on that aspect of things. Get some sales brochures for high end motorcycles or start talking about buying a Shelby Cobra or a top end bass boat or something along those lines. After a few weeks, say you have decided to be more financially responsible and only spend money on needed items for hunting. The drastic price difference will make the hunting purchases seem small and reasonable by comparison.
I love this idea!!!
She knows I have to spend some and it is huge savings over meat costs.
Having good meat in the freezer is always good.

Have you tried purchasing a gift card from the hunting company using your prepaid Visa card and then just using the company gift card for your purchase?

I did that a few weeks ago on Iron Will's website with a prepaid Visa card I got from work and didn't have any issues with the transaction going through. Went that route because my purchase exceeded the balance of my gift card and those Visa cards only work when the balance of the card exceeds the purchase price.

Might also be worth doubling checking that the card was activated and that the initial deposit on the card has posted. Could be an issue where the balance wasn't showing up on the card yet.

I love this idea!!!
She knows I have to spend some and it is huge savings over meat costs.
Having good meat in the freezer is always good.
You do realize that saying “cheep meat in the freezer” is only a catch phrase used in buying more gear, don’t you???
I am averaging 1 deer a year for 2 years now… $4,000 of gear, divided by, 100 lbs of meat = $400 per pound. LOL

Have you tried purchasing a gift card from the hunting company using your prepaid Visa card and then just using the company gift card for your purchase?

I did that a few weeks ago on Iron Will's website with a prepaid Visa card I got from work and didn't have any issues with the transaction going through. Went that route because my purchase exceeded the balance of my gift card and those Visa cards only work when the balance of the card exceeds the purchase price.

Might also be worth doubling checking that the card was activated and that the initial deposit on the card has posted. Could be an issue where the balance wasn't showing up on the card yet.
Tried that this AM...
I did verify and also verified the address is correct.
I have access to the website to see the balance etc. I called the holder and they say it is denied no reason just denied...
I shall figure this out.

You do realize that saying “cheep meat in the freezer” is only a catch phrase used in buying more gear, don’t you???
I am averaging 1 deer a year for 2 years now… $4,000 of gear, divided by, 100 lbs of meat = $400 per pound. LOL
I was in that boat but last year I got 4
And have a pretty full freezer.

Back