• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Could have been a really bad night.

Travis9221

I went hunt a few days back. Turned out to be a seccesfull hunt. I ended up shooting a doe. Tracked her down gutted her drug her to the top of the hill. Headed to the barn to get the ranger to get her out. Something was missing!!! But I couldn't quit put my finger on it. But then I did! As I reached up to grab the steering wheel I noticed my wedding ring was gone.... I'm gonna hear about this! Now my ring is not expensive it's literally a 20 25$ tungsten ring from wal mart. But I do not want to go home to my wife and say o guess what I lost dear! Long story short after trying to figure where I lost it I realised where it was. When I pulled the guts out of her my ring came off with it when I set them down. I can't be the only one this has happened to!

Lucky! One of the reason I bring surgical gloves for when I gut the deer :)

I had the same thing happen to me once. It happened when I wiped my hands off in the leaves. Didn't realize it until I was in the shower getting cleaned up after getting back home. Went back out after the shower and found it.

Hang in there. I lost my expensive ring just months after being married. Happened while fishing to top it off.

I switched to a silicone ring last year. I lost one trying to wake surf this summer. I thought I lost another one this fall when fishing but my son found it next to our fish cleaning table the next day. it doesn't bother me though because they're cheap and my real wedding ring is safe at home.

I’ve been wearing silicone since 2016. Cheap, replaceable and no danger of being hurt while climbing or descending

Well see it goes like this. If you had an incident where the ring got caught on something and almost took your finger off than you realize rings are nothing but trouble and should not be worn.

mine disappeared years ago. I prefer my fingers intact thank you.

After pinching finger and getting caught on stuff at work we both got them tattooed. Neither of us have wore our wedding rings since.. we actually thought our two year old lost them at one point because my wife didn’t remember where she put them lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t wore my ring since the day after I got married. I don’t ever wear a watch either. I just can’t get used to wearing them. I haven’t seen my ring in 14 years. It’s put up somewhere.

Tatted my ring on several years ago for various reasons. No loss, safety, and I'm not trading her in on a new model, she supports my hunting addiction fully!

I'll add that to the list of reasons why my ring sits at home. Only time I put it on is if we're going out to a social event, and that's IF I remember to...

Chicks are attracted to married men. I don’t wear a ring for obvious reasons. I don’t need anymore headaches. Yeah that’s it. LOL :grin:

Tattooed mine on after 30 years of marriage. Figured the honeymoon phase was over and it was gonna stick.

I’m planning to do the same soon. I’ve had lots of problems with rings. I have next to no knuckles, so the ring has to be skin tight to stay on. That is not a good thing for when swelling or bloating occurs... I’ve had some scares with not being able to get it off because of swelling. Had to use string or dental floss a time or two to get it off.

Back