• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Coxsackie (hand foot and mouth disease)

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Has anybody else picked this up from their kids? I started with a fever on Wednesday, dots started popping up on Thursday and it went into full blown sores by Friday. The worst is the sores on my face and in my mouth. I can't eat, now it hurts to drink and the only relief I have is to lay still and not move anything. Things are a little better today but at this rate I don't know how long this is going to go on. I'm pretty freaking miserable :coldsweat:

f0ef5019a64ff636226cbdc32123e707.jpg

f3e45d21574c56f6a667928d8b9de8a8.jpg

That sounds awful!.... I've never been around the stuff so unfortunately I have no advice.... hopefully it goes away quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Unfortunately all you can do it wait it out and try to relieve the symptons.

I figured something was going on. You hadn’t been vocal here much lately. Was thinking about messaging you to see if you were ok. Guess this answers my question. Never knew any adults that got it. Hang in there bud. Maybe the worse has passed.

Prayers red. Hope it's short lived.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Both kids had it when they were little, also my wife is a Kindergarten teacher. Yet we’ve never got it ourselves, not pretty sure it’s viral & has to run its course. Hope you pull through quick, praying for ya!

Ive had it and my feet looked like hamburger! It was a ruff couple weeks. I could barely walk.

Has anybody else picked this up from their kids? I started with a fever on Wednesday, dots started popping up on Thursday and it went into full blown sores by Friday. The worst is the sores on my face and in my mouth. I can't eat, now it hurts to drink and the only relief I have is to lay still and not move anything. Things are a little better today but at this rate I don't know how long this is going to go on. I'm pretty freaking miserable :coldsweat:
Hay Red you feeling any better?

Hay Red you feeling any better?
Better, yes. Good, I wouldn't go that far. Sunday afternoon the sores on my face started to heal. Finally yesterday afternoon the ones in my mouth have started to heal. I still have everything on my hands and feet but they were never open and they are doing better than they were on the weekend. This has been rough for sure. I was able to eat some more food yesterday and I'm doing the same today. I'm hoping to regain enough energy to go back to work tomorrow. I'm burning up all my hunting time staying home right now! With everything healing up I shouldn't be contagious anymore and as long as I have the energy to go to work I can.

Ive had it and my feet looked like hamburger! It was a ruff couple weeks. I could barely walk.
Oh man! I had them on my feet, mostly my heals. Fortunately nothing on my hands and feet was ever an open sore. Walking around was very sore for a couple days but fortunately that went away quickly.

Back