• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cranford strap-on steps instruction

Love those things. Take up very little room and very quiet. Had a doe and a fawn come in and bed down 15 yards away while I was strapping those on one time.

Love those things. Take up very little room and very quiet. Had a doe and a fawn come in and bed down 15 yards away while I was strapping those on one time.

I've acquired a dozen, and I'm liking them a lot more as I tinker.

I can get about the same height as stepps/aiders for roughly the same weight. 10 fit in a fleece fanny pack nicely.

Had some years ago got rid of them cause I couldn't get them tight. But now I see that's better way. May have to look into those again.

@BigAl if you search cranford step and check the search title box read the one that says cranford step. It answers all our questions. I don’t know how to add the link but it’s easy to find.

wish I had seen this video a few years ago when I bought mine. I gave up on them once I could not get them to cinch tight enough to the tree. Gonna have to break them out and try this method as described!

I will say Cranford makes the best screw in steps on the market. I love the safety t steps, been using them for years.

I still have 30 or so of them. I think I will use them to preset some trees next season.

Very interesting. Anybody have any gripes about the steps?

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
I don't love these. They're actually quite heavy. My biggest gripe is taking them down when dobe at the end of the day...hands cold, tired. They're just rough. Sometimes can't get to lose enough, got a little wet, won't fold. ...just don't do it for me. I gave them a solid try and had them for years.

Now cranford t screw ins...different story, they're the bomb!

I don't love these. They're actually quite heavy. My biggest gripe is taking them down when dobe at the end of the day...hands cold, tired. They're just rough. Sometimes can't get to lose enough, got a little wet, won't fold. ...just don't do it for me. I gave them a solid try and had them for years.

Now cranford t screw ins...different story, they're the bomb!
I figured there must be something up about them because they seem pretty cheap, 12 for $104 on amazon, but there doesnt seem to be much talk of them

I figured there must be something up about them because they seem pretty cheap, 12 for $104 on amazon, but there doesnt seem to be much talk of them

If you live somewhere that weather stays warmer they may be the ticket....strap on aluminum steps with thenhook (like skyhooks) work much better in my opinion. And the weight of the buckle and aluminum step is probably less than the cranford.

Back