• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Crispi boots

Gator

SH Member
Anyone aware of any codes for Crispi boots directly from Crispi (love their return policy since I would be buying without the ability to try them on) or if they tend to have sales?

Most of the boot companies have a good return policy that allow you to walk around the house with them on to get a feel for them.

This summer I went through the trying to find the perfect boot…

kenetrek were pretty stiff feeling and not comfortable to me and had some heel slip.

schnees fit very narrow. I tried 3 different pair in medium and wide. They were all narrow. The wides were narrower than my regular width brooks sneakers

Crispi I have a pair of summits that are blister makers tried different insoles which help a little. I was interested in the guides but passed on them.

miendl comfort fits are what I settled on. They are the most comfortable to me very large toe box and heel lock is excellent. Not to mention they are way cheaper than the other. I highly recommend them. The let you try them out and free shipping and return shipping. They do run a little big.

As far as Crispi codes…..You can try blackovis sign up for their newsletter and they send you a 10% off code. But I don’t know any direct code.

Crispis go on sale over at black ovis from time to time, but usually not this time of year. They put em on sale off peak season.

Most of the boot companies have a good return policy that allow you to walk around the house with them on to get a feel for them.

This summer I went through the trying to find the perfect boot…

kenetrek were pretty stiff feeling and not comfortable to me and had some heel slip.

schnees fit very narrow. I tried 3 different pair in medium and wide. They were all narrow. The wides were narrower than my regular width brooks sneakers

Crispi I have a pair of summits that are blister makers tried different insoles which help a little. I was interested in the guides but passed on them.

miendl comfort fits are what I settled on. They are the most comfortable to me very large toe box and heel lock is excellent. Not to mention they are way cheaper than the other. I highly recommend them. The let you try them out and free shipping and return shipping. They do run a little big.

As far as Crispi codes…..You can try blackovis sign up for their newsletter and they send you a 10% off code. But I don’t know any direct code.
I was looking at the Crispi Guide but you didn't like it huh? What model Miendl do you suggest? Have you heard of Lowa and what do you think of them. I was just searching the other day and was researching the Crispi Guide and an add for Lowa boots came up and they were about $125 less than the Crispi or the Kenetrek's.

I was looking at the Crispi Guide but you didn't like it huh? What model Miendl do you suggest? Have you heard of Lowa and what do you think of them. I was just searching the other day and was researching the Crispi Guide and an add for Lowa boots came up and they were about $125 less than the Crispi or the Kenetrek's.

meindls comfort fit hunters… I liked them so much I went and bought the hikers too…lol

they run a good 1/2 size big though…

meindls comfort fit hunters… I liked them so much I went and bought the hikers too…lol

they run a good 1/2 size big though…

So they say to buy a 1/2 size smaller but what about fitting for insulated socks. Do you plan on hunting with them all season?

So they say to buy a 1/2 size smaller but what about fitting for insulated socks. Do you plan on hunting with them all season?

I will use the hikers early season the hunters when it starts to get cold.

I would following the sizing recommendations they have. Should be plenty of room. If they are to big they will send you a volume reducer you can put under the insole. I am a 13 wish they had 12.5 but the Half sizes stop at size 12. They gave me the volume reducers no charge.

Do they have any recommended treatment for the leather uppers?

Do they have any recommended treatment for the leather uppers?

I will be using Obenauf's on mine.

I wear Lowa renegades for an every day boot, really comfortable. My hill/mountain boots are crispi valdres. They have a slightly more narrow foot box than the Lowa's which keeps my foot from sliding any inside the boot. Have not had any issues with hot spots or blisters in the crispi's. I love both boots and would highly recommend either if they fit your foot.

I will be using Obenauf's on mine.
I've not heard of that. I've use sno-seal for years. The shoe guy in our town has used it for years too but it does harden on my boots somewhat. I need to buff mine better because they form kind of waxy glaze but they are waterproof.

Back