• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cutting down 32" Leverage sticks

DanielB89

I started my customization of my 32" climbing sticks. Before the Modification they were weighing in right at 2 lbs 12 oz with amsteel rope. .

After completing my first stick last night, I lost about 10 oz, and i'll have a total weight of around 8 lbs 8oz for 4 sticks if I choose to carry that many in. This puts me at loosing a total of #2.5.

I am excited about the more lengthy sticks. With the length additions of 7.5" per stick, it will allow me to carry in 3 instead of 4 and still get higher than I could get with the 4 - 15" sticks with the dave T aider.

I will post some more pics when I get them. Here are all the ones I currently have.

c336cffed2ab5e3b96a4c68dfca6e907.jpg

This is the pic of it modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember reading all the guys posts about going to a solid step and losing a significant amount of weight on their muddy pro steps, so, out of curiosity I weighed the weight of these 2 steps and the mounting hardware to see exactly how heavy they were.

It's very tough to get my phone to focus on the lighted screen and the steps, so I am attaching both pictures.

6232e987cfb5ffc5d188a044845d89ee.jpg
6853f8b6880783f84c3deae6181b19e8.jpg

Are Leverage sticks even still available? I looked for them last winter. No luck.

I don’t think they make them anymore? I haven’t seen any new ones for sale in awhile.

erage sticks even still available? I looked for them last winter. No luck.

they are no longer made. When they were going out of business or closing, or whatever, I purchased 4 32" ones and 12 17". I still have 4 17" ones that are NIX and haven't been opened yet. I believe i'm going to sell them as I have 4 that i'm using myself so I don't have a need for the extra 4.

I don’t think they make them anymore? I haven’t seen any new ones for sale in awhile.

Speaking of sticks not being made....
Anyone know if hawk has discontinued the helium sticks? I would love to pick up 4 of them, but can’t find them anywhere in stock.

The 3 I have are from before hawk bought the design. Mine don’t have the post mulled out to save weight like the hawks, so they are a little heavier.

they are no longer made. When they were going out of business or closing, or whatever, I purchased 4 32" ones and 12 17". I still have 4 17" ones that are NIX and haven't been opened yet. I believe i'm going to sell them as I have 4 that i'm using myself so I don't have a need for the extra 4.

17" are too short for me. Thanks though

The helium sticks I find tend to be seasonal. Hard to find this time of year. Places that sell them won't have them until mid to late summer again. At least that's what I found last year when I finally got a set of 3.

Actually, I might be interested in those. PM sent.

Speaking of sticks not being made....
Anyone know if hawk has discontinued the helium sticks? I would love to pick up 4 of them, but can’t find them anywhere in stock.

The 3 I have are from before hawk bought the design. Mine don’t have the post mulled out to save weight like the hawks, so they are a little heavier.

Hawk and muddy sticks are pretty much a seasonal thing. I found a set of muddys brand new but the guy wanted 300 for them and then shipping lol hell no to that lol!! They will be back out mid spring/summer.

Hawk and muddy sticks are pretty much a seasonal thing. I found a set of muddys brand new but the guy wanted 300 for them and then shipping lol hell no to that lol!! They will be back out mid spring/summer.
So they aren't discontinued? I had no luck finding Muddy Pro sticks at all last year. Even in the late summer and into hunting season. Also, I thought someone on here said they quit making them. Someone else said they may start making them again. Maybe it's just the seasonal thing they were referring to.

i'm almost positive that the leverage are discontinued. I called the company and they're no longer in commission. I was trying to buy a few extra accessories.

i'm almost positive that the leverage are discontinued. I called the company and they're no longer in commission. I was trying to buy a few extra accessories.

I think the helium sticks are very similar to what the Leverage sticks were.

Back