• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cutting lone wolf sticks...again

BlueCollarBowman

SH Member
What’s up everyone. New to the forum and this year will be my first year hunting with a saddle and I’m loving every minute I get to hang in the yard and practice. One issue I’m having is pack ability with full size line wolfs and my predator pack. My thought process was to cut down my line wolf sticks essentially remove the bottom step. For easy packing
Anyone have photos of there modified sticks or suggestions.. do I need to relocate the versa button and will the sticks still stack like the standard length stick? I’m 6ft 185 early 30s athletic and I’m not worried about not getting enough height I figure with a stretch an aider in bottom stick I should be able to get 15-20ft which is perfect for my hunting locations any tips would be great!

CZMark

SH Member
My best tip is this: figure out how high you can comfortably step and relocate the middle step to accommodate that height, test it out and then cut.

jsthntn

SH Member
Search and you will find a few guys who have modified the lone wolfs. Beaston is one I can remember.

I’m currently moding mine. I’m cutting mine in the middle and adding cable aiders to the bottom of each one. So essentially it will be like carrying 2 full length sticks weight wise but with the height of 4 full length sticks.
15” stick + 20” cable aider= 35” per stick (x4)

I’ve also have a Swaider I’m contemplating on using as well to get me another 20” step to the cable aider. 55” per stick will get u up the tree quick.