• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Daisy chain straps for climbing sticks

Airborne06

I am looking at switching from the lone Wolfe buckles to a daisy chain strap. I am just looking to see what people think of them and Does anyone know where I can get them. I found some on one web site but they are all sold out.

@DanO is the ManO but his site says out of stock. I think @ckossuth quit selling his versa straps but not 100% sure.

I had them on API sticks and liked them. Bought them from Dano the Mano.
Is that what you are currently using? Also do you have a hard time setting the stick if the loops don’t line up well?And do you consider the daisy chain better then the rope mode? I do not know anyone that uses either so I’m picking brains on here. Lol

I switched from rope to daisy chain and far prefer the daisy chain to rope. Both are better than a buckle, IMHO.

How many are you looking to buy?

Is that what you are currently using? Also do you have a hard time setting the stick if the loops don’t line up well?And do you consider the daisy chain better then the rope mode? I do not know anyone that uses either so I’m picking brains on here. Lol
Nope. Hated packing sticks. Went to cranford rope steps if I have to be a boy scout. But daisychain webbing is the best option in my opinion.

If it doesn't "line up" you just have to account for a little slack in the system and set them before you step up. It's pretty much a non-issue.

I switched from rope to daisy chain and far prefer the daisy chain to rope. Both are better than a buckle, IMHO.

How many are you looking to buy?
I am looking at 4 for sure for my sticks. How well does it work on the predator platform. If it is good for the predator platform then 5.

I made one of 1/4 inch amsteel for my predator platform and it works great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I made daisy chains to use on my LW sticks and also for my platform. They are easy to make and lock up rock solid. Just remember you will have some loss so start with a length of amsteel longer than you want the final product to be. I also attach an elastic hair band to one of the loops in the daisy chain to secure the lose end to the versa button after you wrap once around the stick. I carry several 14" long dogbones made of amsteel that you can use to extend the daisy chain if you ever need to attach to a larger than normal tree.

I'm working directly with Dutchware Gear who is working with a new supplier to get these back in stock. I'm told its a 2 month process, so hopefully before June we'll have more. But don't quote me on that. When back in stock, we should be able to keep in it stock going forward.

Awesome! Thank you. Please send up a flare when that’s up and running again.

Back