• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy aider

BRAY2KAY

Haven't tried it yet but got the ideas from lwcg's new aider they had at the 2020 ata. I took a cable off an old bowflex I have and bolted to the bottom step. Ideas? Think it will work?

Attachments

• 20200220_010445.jpg
    20200220_010445.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 120
Going to watch this thread. I was wondering if anyone had tried a DIY version of the LWCG cable aider yet.

I just need to find the ends to crimp on to the cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just need to find the ends to crimp on to the cable.

Try

The aluminum crimps say on the package that it’s not intended for life support. I my not a professional rigger either so I don’t know how these are rated and they probably are not safe so don’t copy my ideas.
I also don’t like the eye loops with the aluminum crimps. It’s too bulky. I ordered some eye end stainless terminals. Also don’t know what the rating is on these or if I have the proper swage tool for them. They were not cheap either. $14 for 5 terminals.
Does anyone know where I can get the terminals that’s used on stands or the LWCG aiders?

8b9bba45798fd99232c86b9427aaef1a.jpg

b64c38ec1291e82265df261b7367b16f.jpg

I ran some tubular webbing through those step holes and tied a stopper knot. I was told it was unsafe due to numerous reasons. The webbing will break, the step will break, etc. I never managed to break mine. I assume yours are unsafe as well. :D

I ran some tubular webbing through those step holes and tied a stopper knot. I was told it was unsafe due to numerous reasons. The webbing will break, the step will break, etc. I never managed to break mine. I assume yours are unsafe as well. :D

They run through the front slots and back slots and I rounded the slot edges with a file. So all the weight is pulled down on the stick, not pulling out on the slot.
I don’t like it anyway like that. It was just a test to see if I like stepping on a cable and how it would pack up. I like that part of it. Just need a better mounting idea.

68e6636e70681bb6a09ddbd05a680c39.jpg

Last edited:
LWCG now has their cable aiders available on the website for $14.99 each.

LWCG now has their cable aiders available on the website for $14.99 each.

Yes, I'm aware. If I figure out a way I like them, I have several sets of sticks I want to do. Plus, nowadays, you just never know when items are gonna ship or if they ever ship.

Back