• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY D- ring cover

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Have had a few requests to make "Ring Silencers" for the ESS and other Dring bridge type saddles over at Custom Gear Modifications. Heres a quick DIY for you guys.

1. Run to wally world and getcha a couple of bottle coozies ($2 bucks each). They even have camo!
2. Turn it inside out
3. Cut the bottom off even with the zipper tag ends.
4. Cut right up the middle, even with the zipper center
5. Sew down the zipper tag ends (hand sew or home machine is fine)
6. Wrap it around your Dring
7. Rezip and sew across the zipper on the bottom to keep it from unzipping!

Also works great as a bridge/tether device cover/face pillow!
334a28ba4184a346ee076280e2dfa414.jpg
ae64488e96fcbfba3ae9b9fba623d7d0.jpg
14a8e13a0e4f29a72b5adb92f60c806f.jpg
eaef304a8a0ceafecd337d89a1b0095b.jpg
42f652e586f30768f23684baeeb2e4e5.jpg
5fe12dcdc2fbd615c90f9a53cd9c02d1.jpg

@easttndiy

Custom Gear Modifications (CGM)

Last edited:
Very nice!! Seems like these could also be used to cover an adjustable bridge Prusik to prevent accidental releasing.

Coozy with cold and crisp beverage and cookies, great combo!

Great idea with the thread injector. So straight stitch and not zig zag stitch? What thread are you using and what model thread injector?

I am deep in the vintage thread injector rabbit hole.

Coozy with cold and crisp beverage and cookies, great combo!

Great idea with the thread injector. So straight stitch and not zig zag stitch? What thread are you using and what model thread injector?

I am deep in the vintage thread injector rabbit hole.
I just used a straight stitch. Really easy to punch through so any machine or even hand stitching is fine.

@easttndiy

I just used a straight stitch. Really easy to punch through so any machine or even hand stitching is fine.

@easttndiy

Please don’t tell my wife that hand stitching is fine. I have 15-91 and 237.

In the middle of rebuilding the 237 and waiting for parts to rewire the 15-91.

I got the 237 for zig zag stitching, as I read zig zag is needed for stretchy fabric. I have plans to make a monocular cover and a flashlight holder with neopreme. Maybe I could have just used a straight stitch.

Please don’t tell my wife that hand stitching is fine. I have 15-91 and 237.

In the middle of rebuilding the 237 and waiting for parts to rewire the 15-91.

I got the 237 for zig zag stitching, as I read zig zag is needed for stretchy fabric. I have plans to make a monocular cover and a flashlight holder with neopreme. Maybe I could have just used a straight stitch.
I would certianly agree that a zig zag is best for stretchy material, when you plan to retain the stretchy function. In this case, its just a cover. So a long stitch pattern obn a straight stitch is fine for me.

Back