• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Field Quiver

INbowHunter

I didn’t have a field quiver, and hate sticking my target arrows in the ground so I decided to make one. I researched around online picking out my favorite quivers to get ideas then drew a pattern and went to town on cutting and sewing. A buddy of mine saw it and liked it so I learned from all of the mistakes I made on mine, and turned out a better product for him. Going to surprise him with it for his birthday. (Don’t worry, he doesn’t frequent this site). Thanks for looking!

Materials:
-500D Cordura Outer Shell
-Ripstop Nylon Liner
-1” Grosgrain Webbing
-#5 Lenzip Zipper
-Laser Cut Molle Panel
-2” Webbing
-2” Buckle & Tri-Glide
-1/8” Foam for structure/rigidity

Attachments

• IMG_6887.jpeg
    IMG_6887.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6888.jpeg
    IMG_6888.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6892.jpeg
    IMG_6892.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6893.jpeg
    IMG_6893.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6894.jpeg
    IMG_6894.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6847.jpeg
    IMG_6847.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Looks good man. I made mine a complete copy of the kifaru one. No fancy laser cut molle for me though. Had to do it old school. I get a ton of use out of it shooting at the house. Works good for holding shells when dove hunting too.
f0d43c8f9ab6186bbccc09838e9bdbdb.jpg
081dbbecc3593badb2ba4c22078404d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Looks good man. I made mine a complete copy of the kifaru one. No fancy laser cut molle for me though. Had to do it old school. I get a ton of use out of it shooting at the house. Works good for holding shells when dove hunting too.
f0d43c8f9ab6186bbccc09838e9bdbdb.jpg
081dbbecc3593badb2ba4c22078404d1.jpg

Thanks! That looks super professional! I definitely looked at the Kifaru one when I was looking around for ideas. I will probably make the next ones with webbing for the molle. The panels are nice but pretty expensive IMO. They really add to the overall cost.

-Zach

Do y’all stick arrows in the molle or where the zipper is?

Nice builds fellas, thanks for sharing.
On my version there is a drop in pocket for the arrows. The front molle is for attaching pouches, water bottle holders, release pouches, etc. The zipper pocket could be for a score card, wallet, keys, or anything else you want to be a bit more secured. Its about half a hand length deep (approximately 5 inches). Here are a few more photos of what Im describing.

-Zach

Attachments

• IMG_6896.jpeg
    IMG_6896.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6897.jpeg
    IMG_6897.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6900.jpeg
    IMG_6900.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6899.jpeg
    IMG_6899.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6898.jpeg
    IMG_6898.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 49
I opted to not add the webbing loop inside the pocket on mine. However, arrows will stay in there much better when you aren't wearing it if you utilize the loop. I just felt it would be more fiddly to put arrows in and I like to just drop them in. I've considered adding a magnet to the bottom corner on the inside so the field points will stick to it. I do utilize the top loops for a marsupial range finder pouch. I don't use the lower molle for anything. I just like the way it looks. I have sewn a ton of molle in the past so it's not a big inconvenience to add it.

This is a great project for someone wanting to get into sewing. Without the molle, there is no heavy layers to sew through. Most home machines can handle it. You could skip the zippered pocket, though it's real handy to keep the necessary allen wrenches in.

I opted to not add the webbing loop inside the pocket on mine. However, arrows will stay in there much better when you aren't wearing it if you utilize the loop. I just felt it would be more fiddly to put arrows in and I like to just drop them in. I've considered adding a magnet to the bottom corner on the inside so the field points will stick to it. I do utilize the top loops for a marsupial range finder pouch. I don't use the lower molle for anything. I just like the way it looks. I have sewn a ton of molle in the past so it's not a big inconvenience to add it.

This is a great project for someone wanting to get into sewing. Without the molle, there is no heavy layers to sew through. Most home machines can handle it. You could skip the zippered pocket, though it's real handy to keep the necessary allen wrenches in.

That magnet idea in the bottom might be cool.

I like the idea of adding a magnet, may have to utilize that in the future

Better line it good if that’s how you plan on using it.

Better line it good if that’s how you plan on using it.
You mean for adding the magnet? I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering how much wear the magnet would induce on the liner once it got pinched between the magnet and point

Yeah, the metal to magnet contact will be rough on most materials, but I was more making a joke about the “sewer” autocorrect, lol

Back