• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Phantom clone

Hunter814814

Hey Guys , this was my second saddle build . The 1st was a Kestrel Clone ... used it for over 100 sits last yr !

this is my 1st Phantom clone ... will be one of many as I like making them even if they are PIA ! Lol

only sat a short time today but I’m thinking it’s gonna be an awesome addition to my saddle collection....any and all constructive feedback welcome .

1ADD24B6-259F-4B6E-B28D-6E7A8DE3A106.jpeg4E90D5DE-92C8-4420-9ACB-24B8EF9EFCAD.jpegE974137C-91C0-4CA4-839D-F3E93474EA5C.jpeg

Looks great. I did both a kestrel and phantom clone. I too enjoy making them and will most likely be making several more. Would you mind giving the dimensions of you’re pattern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks great. I did both a kestrel and phantom clone. I too enjoy making them and will most likely be making several more. Would you mind giving the dimensions of you’re pattern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dimensions were 25 in w 12 in h and 6 in h on the sides ....

So far so good ... I also have a semi industrial walking foot machine ...:)
I kill mine foing my first phantom clone. I also got a sailrite clone and that did better.
I used 28in width that was discussed in a different thread. I have sat in them for a short time. Comfortable but I want to spend more time in them before I pass final judgement. I enjoyed making them more than I thought I would. Wife still tells me "you should have just bought one instead of making one, it would have been cheaper ". I really dont like it when she is right and knows it.......

What material is it cordura?, how was it for cupping as opposed to mesh? Regards Wayne
Heavy duty 10-12 oz canvas ... it’s a bit stiff right now but I’ve made several things before with it after it breaks in it should have just enough give to be very comfortable and holds up very well .... I beat the crap out of the other clone I made .. hunting in pa and Ohio ... :)

It looks good another friend wants to try a cordura one so will do it on my phantasm instead of mesh, did you double layer or just single?, regards Wayne

It looks good another friend wants to try a cordura one so will do it on my phantasm instead of mesh, did you double layer or just single?, regards Wayne
Single this stuff is tough ... if you use lighter canvas I would recommend doubling it ...

This is a really nice job OP. I want to hear about how you covered those lineman's loops and what material you used. I have just tubular webbing over mine but it isnt rigid enough.

Back