• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Sportsman’s North Dakota hunt. (Weird looking mantis)

onestringer

SH Member
While waiting for the grill to heat up I watched DIY Sportsman’s North Dakota hunt. He is hunting out of a mantis but it doesn’t look like a mantis. Wonder if it is some sort of secret gen 2 mantis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While waiting for the grill to heat up I watched DIY Sportsman’s North Dakota hunt. He is hunting out of a mantis but it doesn’t look like a mantis. Wonder if it is some sort of secret gen 2 mantis.

Sure looks like it.

I also noticed he was rocking an oplux tether and a Beal jammy.

I saw that tether gear, but wasn't sure what it was. Just looked up the thread on it...looks interesting.

Crazy..only here on we not talking about a cool sit and a big velvet buck. Nope.. it's "Did you see what he was wearing!". We are an odd bunch. For the record I thought something looked different but don't know the mantis well enough and assumed that's what it was.

I watched it today as well. Noticed the blurred spot, but didn’t notice anything odd with the saddle. I’ll have to rewatch and pay more attention this time.

Is that an edited blur or just moisture on the lens? Where in the vid did you guys see a weird looking mantis?

It's also possible that he's still using a pre-production version of the Mantis? He was in on the initial concept, I believe.

Well, G2 made a comment on a podcast recently about a product coming out in 2020 that will be a game changer. I wouldn’t be surprised if DIY is previewing and providing feedback. I believe he provided input to other Tethrd products. He may have been required to blur it. Come on Greg, Ernie or Garret, spill the beans!!!i.

I just re-watched the video and every shot that shows where the bridge connects to the saddle is blurred. It is like a Bigfoot video. Something is there but the shot is too blurry to tell whether it is Sasquatch running around or Zach Farrenbaugh from THP.

Last edited:
Well, G2 made a comment on a podcast recently about a product coming out in 2020 that will be a game changer. I wouldn’t be surprised if DIY is previewing and providing feedback. I believe he provided input to other Tethrd products. He may have been required to blur it. Come on Greg, Ernie or Garret, spill the beans!!!i.

I just re-watched the video and every shot that shows where the bridge connects to the saddle is blurred. It is like a Bigfoot video. Something is there but the shot is too blurry to tell whether it is Sasquatch running around or Zach Farrenbaugh from THP.
Another "game changer"....hopen it's not a secret too..

Back