• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY utillibridge

Nugget

I ordered my amsteel last week and DIYed the bridge this afternoon. Takes about 20 minutes from start to finish and is surprisingly easy to do. The required amsteel can be orderd at amsteelblue.com or through customamsteelproducts.com.

You'll need:

8ft of 1/4" amsteel for the bridge
40in of 1/8" amsteel for the prusik or 44" of 3/16" amsteel. I prefer the 3/16".

The how to on YouTube is by Trevor Byrd at:

It's a great way to update your old 2019 saddle with 2020 technology.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200217-193126_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200217-193126_Gallery.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Here's is a good video that shows a safe stopper knot for the non looped end. The knot is called an Estar Stopper knot. I am going to do two prussic loops and two stopper knots to DIY a clone of the Triad bridge.

I recieved my Phantom yesterday and the Tethrd prusik is much thicker than the 1/8" amsteel I used. I'm sure they did some significant testing before going with the thicker material. I will continue to test and keep an eye on mine for wear. All others should do the same. Remove and go to a thicker amsteel If necessary.

I recieved my Phantom yesterday and the Tethrd prusik is much thicker than the 1/8" amsteel I used. I'm sure they did some significant testing before going with the thicker material. I will continue to test and keep an eye on mine for wear. All others should do the same. Remove and go to a thicker amsteel If necessary.
I believe it is 3/16 that Tethrd uses.

b365c82cb86a6c086d9f28388e0297a4.jpg

3/16 prussic on 1/4 bridge. On a recon sling It works well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How big of a 3/16" amsteel continuous loop did you need to make for the recon?

Well I started with 40 inches on the first loop and made the second loop from a 48 inch loop. 40 inches was difficult to work with. 48 inches is loose. I think I would try 42 or 44 inches.
So an 11 inch loop would be good I expect. You can see the difference on this recon sling

57217a2637f1eadec9e62f117e61d8ae.jpg

Well I started with 40 inches on the first loop and made the second loop from a 48 inch loop. 40 inches was difficult to work with. 48 inches is loose. I think I would try 42 or 44 inches.
So an 11 inch loop would be good I expect. You can see the difference on this recon sling

57217a2637f1eadec9e62f117e61d8ae.jpg

Thanks bud. I put a utilibridge bridge on my recon yesterday and like it alot. I used 1/8" but plan on switching it out to 3/16 if there is excessive wear on the 1/8.

The recon is interesting the way it can distribute weight

With 8 feet of 1/4 how long did the bridge end up total? I like to run my bridge kinda long off my lineman loops on my TL ambush lite. Currently I have tubular webbing I've made as the bridge but was like the adjustability of the utility bridge. Thanks

With 8 feet of 1/4 how long did the bridge end up total? I like to run my bridge kinda long off my lineman loops on my TL ambush lite. Currently I have tubular webbing I've made as the bridge but was like the adjustability of the utility bridge. Thanks

Between the stopper knots about 36 inches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back