• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Webbing Aider on EWO Doublestep

HunterBob

I'm not sure if there are already threads on this, but wondering if anyone has made some webbing aiders on the EWO doublesteps. I am considering making my own one-stick setup with a fixed aider and wanted to see how others have connected this to a doublestep that is not slotted for an aider. I know that EWO has a doublestep slotted for an aider, but I'm not wanting to spend $20 per doublestep. If anyone has done this on a beast doublestep, I would also be interested to see how you attached the aider to this. Thanks!

DIY sportsman on YouTube has a couple of videos on making aiders from webbing. He even does a follow up video. I just picked up 25’ of tubular and plan on tying a couple.

I make my own aiders out of amsteel and out of strap which I prefer for my EWO Measure your distance you want and start stitching you can do water knots but I got machines so I use them. I make loops tight enough to slip on the stand offs and they are solid I made some for my buddy shikar stick the other night same principle

Attachments

• F8E2869E-EA3F-4D3C-8C9C-AC6EADDCE6CA.jpeg
    F8E2869E-EA3F-4D3C-8C9C-AC6EADDCE6CA.jpeg
    495.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 80AD4EDA-3358-4B85-99D3-B19964E25E32.jpeg
    80AD4EDA-3358-4B85-99D3-B19964E25E32.jpeg
    365.7 KB · Views: 79
I use tubular webbing for steps and cut and inserted large zip ties and stitch it so it wouldn’t come out and bar tack it

Have you considered a cable aider from ewo? Low cost and solid attacment? Plenty of examples out there of one stick with them.
I have looped Amsteel and 1" sewn webbing aiders over angled double steps, snugged with a castration band on the loop and other temporary methods to discourage aider from accidentaly being kicked or bumped off. This was to try before i buy .
Also look up versions like backwoods where aider is looped over step and onto stand off.
I am comfortable with these as they are not much different from the half brained aiders i learned on with wild edge stepps.
Note- you are eliminating redundancies in your system by attaching aiders this way.
There are many threads on aiders/ one stick with helpful pictures by experienced members

I use tubular webbing for steps and cut and inserted large zip ties and stitch it so it wouldn’t come out and bar tack it
Are you conserned at all about the aider slipping off the sides of the steps?

Everyone is wearing masks,so when you throw them away tare off the bungee cords and tie them up to the steps and the aider loops to prevent them from sliding off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you conserned at all about the aider slipping off the sides of the steps?
No not at all I make them tight and their is a slight hump on stand-off and it would be hard to come loose Also you can zip tie or bungee or paracord the strap and use holes in stand-off to tie off.

1" tubular webbing through the holes in the Double step wrapped around the back of the stick above the standoff. I also put two loops of #6 wire inside of the webbing to keep both steps open while climbing.
46AC59AF-2B4F-447D-9AFA-5714DD8443A1.jpeg

Last edited:
That's interesting, does it end up being wide enough on the top?
Yes, it's also wide enough that the aider doesn't want to kick out to the side like it would if you just had it tied around the standoff.

Last edited:
Sewn tight so the webbing can't move. Rubber tube in both steps to stay open.
c7f82d828e445e80bd893aebb7196811.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Back