• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Does anyone make a stick with the cam cleats other than Muddy?

Maryland Mark

I am having trouble finding a single muddy pro with the cam cleat for sale. I am first year one sticking with a full size helium with a daisy chain and it is a lot more work than I think it needs to be. The cam clear would be so much easier and I don’t want to have to mod my current stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would buy a cam cleat from amazon like a Shaffer since it’s a lot cheaper than harken and just mod it as there’s nothing really special about a muddy pro other than the cam cleat the steps fold yes but I tend to like my dano set up with cam cleat more than the muddy pro I got I just loaned mine to a friend I do have a muddy pro/ hybrid lone wolf mix I did just need to add a cam cleat next to versa button

Screenshot_20201128-082324.png
Sorry to intrude into your conversation, I was just scrolling through some posts and came across this one... I've got a buddy that's used this one, and I believe it's the one that razorback66 is referring to...

You are probably right. I was just trying to save the work of cutting down my current stick and drilling holes.
I will probably go this route. Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So.. theres gotta be an advantage to the muddys right. Or would that camcleat above on some drilled out lone wolf sticks work?

Cam cleat on any stick will work just the matter figuring where you want it to be. Muddy has their own cleat and the hole is drilled in the side for rope. Basically it’s already down for you. It’s easy to drill your own and figure out where and how and what type rope you want to use and placement takes 10 minutes. I have down all types of sticks some are easier than others but if you want to one stick a cam cleat is a awesome feature and I would also add a button if you can specially if you add a scout platform to your stick. It’s a extra safety of measure as you can add a strap to it and lock it down solid. I prefer the old lone wolf straps personally to do that once I’m at height

Back