• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dove recipes. lets get creative

Will Harris

SH Member
done the grilled dove, dove poppers, bacon wrapped until i'm blue in the face. what recipes have yall tried and liked? not looking to over power the taste cause i like the taste. just looking for something new.

yall save the hearts? they do a good kabob and its stupid easy.

anyone do anything with the livers and gizzards? each time i think of cleaning and frying i see how small they are and say screw it.

Boneless wings sort of thing has looked pretty darn good but I haven’t tried it yet

Flour seasoned with whatever spices you like
Egg wash
Flour mix again
Fry
Toss in your favorite sauce

Boneless wings sort of thing has looked pretty darn good but I haven’t tried it yet

Flour seasoned with whatever spices you like
Egg wash
Flour mix again
Fry
Toss in your favorite sauce

Fried dove birds are hard to beat! Y’all can get all fancy grilling, baking, sautéing, and what ever else y’all ruin them with. Me I’m going to take them to my momma, and have her fry them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fried dove birds are hard to beat! Y’all can get all fancy grilling, baking, sautéing, and what ever else y’all ruin them with. Me I’m going to take them to my momma, and have her fry them.

i grew up in south GA so fried dove was a staple

Dove street tacos. Keep the legs and thighs. Braise them about an hour or two in a tomatillo-chili-garlic sauce. Pick the meat, make tacos with good corn tortillas with some cilantro, chopped onion, radishes, and hot sauce.

The breasts dry brined and and fried. Never had enough to get motivated to do them another way. Terrific eating.

i grew up in south GA so fried dove was a staple

Yep, fried dove for the Sunday after opening day is a given. My favorite is fried dove, rice with red eye gravy, cat head biscuits and cane syrup. It’s hard to beat that meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back