• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Doyle’s in the bottom of pouch

zurr4013

SH Member
I watched DIY sportsman’s video on one sticking (you guys are nuts) and I saw he put his Doyle’s in the bottom of a pouch with a hole in pouch. Anyone have a how to video for that or some clue on where to start? Sorry if this is already discussed in other thread, I couldn’t find anything.

First get something to keep the strap/rope from going back into the hoist. Vice grips or hemostats or anything to prevent retraction into the housing.

Then you undo the end. Thread it through the hole and reattach the plastic piece on the outside of the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I’m a diy newb. Help making the hole without causing structural damage to the pouch is needed.

I got the grommet on 2 packs and 1 fanny pack and wish I hadn't done any of them....I have the strap version and the strap makes noise going throu the grommet...it's a pain to have to tie and untie every time u want to use a different pack

That’s good info since I have the strap as well. You think a bigger grommet would reduce noise? Wrap the grommet in noise reduction tape?

I got the grommet on 2 packs and 1 fanny pack and wish I hadn't done any of them....I have the strap version and the strap makes noise going throu the grommet...it's a pain to have to tie and untie every time I want to use a different pack

Meant to add to my post that the fleece pouch from EWO is the way to go. Being able to swap from a bag to a belt is worth the $. Plus it silences the hoist noise during transport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is a useful little pouch....I bought a 2nd and it lives on the chest of my vest and my phone usually ends up in it

It really is a useful little pouch....I bought a 2nd and it lives on the chest of my vest and my phone usually ends up in it
Yeah I’m so new I just feel like I’m going to have way too much stuff when it’s game time. 3 pouches too much for shorter private land walks?

Hope ole boy drops you some love on each of those pouches he ships out. :)

Even if he long and lanky with a giant beardo face @DanO really is the man...I just hope he is successful and if I can help u find a useful product that's affordable it win 4 both....if he's doing well then we all reap the benefits

Yep you win. I didn’t see they were that cheap. Ordered one, now to see how long USPS is.

I ordered one myself, has taken 10 days to leave Michigan, then 2 transfers today before reaching Tennessee. Should be here tomorrow.

You would think it would be faster getting out of Michigan. Not sure why anyone or anything would like to be there, says the Ohio State Buckeye fan.

You would think it would be faster getting out of Michigan. Not sure why anyone or anything would like to be there, says the Ohio State Buckeye fan.
Have you also heard their deer are heavily pressured, making them the toughest deer in America to hunt? I swear Michiganders mention that more than vegans tell you about their diet (or saddle hunters tell you about their gear)...

I ordered one myself, has taken 10 days to leave Michigan, then 2 transfers today before reaching Tennessee. Should be here tomorrow.

i ordered something that sat in Detroit from 8/14 till this morning. What’s going up there????....lol

Back