• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Jtaylor

SH Member
Here's an easy way to prevent it when one sticking. A piece of paracord attached to the stick, a mini biner, soft shackle, s biner, nite ize tie, etc. Attach a prusik to your tether or rapelle line and connect the two. Slide up as you go. The paracord would have to be longer but this is just an idea:

20200724_134759.jpg

Last edited:
Any concerns with pulling up & unsetting the stick. Maybe not too bad with the strap pictured, if you were using versastraps or a daisy chain this could be no fun.

All the more reason I use my rappel line as my tether, if I drop my one stick I can just zip down and get it. I haven't dropped it yet but it will happen I'm sure at some point. Nice inginuity by the way.

I was just messing around at ground level, my trees in my yard are pretty terrible for practicing. I'll give it a shot soon. I think the key would be a longer piece of paracord tied to the stick so there is still some slack in the prusik. I did drop the stick and even with it being so lightweight the prusik still caught. The paracord would have to be longer too allowing you to move the stick up enough for your separate saddle hookup on the bridge and tether/rappel line.

I gotcha now, that’s to prevent dropping while setting........
I think it can stay attached to the rappel line/tether the whole time once leaving ground level. If someone is using a cam cleat, the stick attachment method wouldn't be lost either eliminating possibilities of a dropped stick. To use the top step on the stick, the paracord would have to be long enough to allow a person to step on the top step (if used) while still tethered in. Slide up the stick prusik on the tether/rappelle line, then slide up your prusik/kong duck/mechanical decender right below the stick prusik and work your way up. It might make it easier to just allow the stick to dangle off the tether hands free until in position if needed too.

Back