• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eagle's Flight Archery quiver advice wanted

Allegheny Tom

SH Member
I know some of you guys own them and I think I've heard you like them but I have a few questions.
My old Screaming Eagle quiver (5 arrow) is over 30 years old and I thought I'd splurge on a new quiver.
I have the choice of EFA bolt-on or strap on. Any opinions on how those 2 compare?
How about the Totem Shaft option? I'll be putting this on a take-down recurve...fade-outs are 17.5" apart. Not sure if I need the Totem for stability on the 5 arrow models. And does the the attachment style (strap-on or bolt-on) effect whether the Totem is needed?
Any other thoughts or opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

I can't comment on the bolt on. I've only had the strap on but, I have been more than happy with the strap on version. The attachment is rock solid. I've never had the totem but have only had the 4 arrow models. I don't think it's needed with the 4 arrow quivers. There is a little "wiggle" when putting in the first arrow but the first arrow then acts as the totem after that. Plus, the owners are great people to deal with.

I have a 3 arrow tall Mesa without totum for my longbow. Used it a bit. The straps work great, it doesn’t move. Fits 1:3 broad heads (Steelforce Traditional in my case) well. The workmanship is solid.

I have the 1 arrow, 4 arrow Apache (which I made a three arrow quiver by buying a new three arrow gripper), and a custom 4 arrow model from them. All are the talon wrap. They do not move and they do not mar the bow. I have never felt the need for the totem mod, as said above the first arrow acts as the totem. Great business and great product.

Mine has the talon grip...(3 arrow mesa as well) love it. Doesn't move at all plus I feel like the rubber grips helps quiet the limbs even more on my recurve. Also no totem mod.

I appreciate the responses.
I've always liked a 5 arrow quiver, simply because one spot is always reserved for a judo arrow. Nobody ever wants to need 4 broadhead arrows to fill a tag but there are scenarios when having 4 is better than 3. I spine shot a buck once and he fell into heavy brush. Finding a shooting lane for a follow-up arrow was almost impossible. I needed 4 arrows that day. Then there's always the chance to shoot other critters (coyotes, etc). Plus I do like a little extra weight on my bow.
So this is why I was asking about the Totem. EFA recommends it for the larger 4 and 5 arrow quivers. I was interested in hearing your guy's thoughts. The site says that the Totem is adjustable but it doesn't go into more detail or show close-up pics.
I'm going to call them with some of these questions, but I thought that I would pick your brains first.

One other question. I'm shooting tapered Momentum shafts (400s). Any issues with the gripper on that diameter?
Thanks again.

How about the "wing set-back" option?
This quiver will be going on a 58" recurve.
And plusses or minuses with the set back?

I personally think the wing setback is a must have. It keeps your arrow more in line with your bow. If you add it when you order the quiver it's only $10, if ordering later it's $20.

How about the "wing set-back" option?
This quiver will be going on a 58" recurve.
And plusses or minuses with the set back?
Heard good things about setback but have never used it. I am rocking a 58 curve also. Here is a pic you decide if necessary. I would need it if I put it on my 52” longbow because arrows would hit ground before limb would.

Attachments

• 8E6F39C5-2C97-4253-81BD-3D4D4151E9DC.jpeg
    8E6F39C5-2C97-4253-81BD-3D4D4151E9DC.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 20
  • A8AB4081-0C86-4FE0-B7FD-8CFDCDD8A4A9.jpeg
    A8AB4081-0C86-4FE0-B7FD-8CFDCDD8A4A9.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 20
  • D597736D-8A92-4749-8227-298A6CFD7AC0.jpeg
    D597736D-8A92-4749-8227-298A6CFD7AC0.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 19
EFA is under appreciated. Good for the price arrows pack tight to bow and together in the quiver. Quality leather work. When I had my trad bows. Only quiver I put on them just can’t beat the price and function

I don't have a good pic of the wing setback but you can kind of see in this pic how it brings your arrow back to be in line with your lower limb a little better.

View attachment 66378
I ordered one today with the wing, no Totem.
He said it will ship tomorrow. Only $3 for shipping. 3 Rivers could take some lessons from EFA on shipping costs.
Thanks guys.

I can't comment on the bolt on. I've only had the strap on but, I have been more than happy with the strap on version. The attachment is rock solid. I've never had the totem but have only had the 4 arrow models. I don't think it's needed with the 4 arrow quivers. There is a little "wiggle" when putting in the first arrow but the first arrow then acts as the totem after that. Plus, the owners are great people to deal with.

^^^ X2 what GCTerpfan said. My EFA strap on just doesn't move.

I want to order one as well. Can someone speak to the size differences. (i.e chief, jumbo ll, Jumbo l, standard) what are the differences height, width, depth, all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a standard it’s tight fitting the heads in but can be done. I liked it compact though similar to a Kwikee quiver design

Unfortunately, It's a little tough to find the specs on the quiver sizes on the website. The easiest way to compare them is to go to the page to buy replacement foam and they list all of the sizes there. Also, not all of the sizes are listed on each quiver but l, I'm pretty sure you can get any quiver in almost all of the sizes. Their website needs a little updating.

Here is a pic of the chief, jumbo1 and standard sizes (left to right).
Screenshot_20220610-092831-506.png

Here is a pic of the Jumbo1 with four arrows. If you shoot big 2 blades or 3 blades I would go with the Jumbo1 at a minimum. The standard is pretty tight with broad heads.

Screenshot_20220610-093052-477.png

Back