• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Early season success!

beef78

I got one 7 days into the season here in Connecticut! It seems as though fall has come early and the deer are moving.
This is my third year hunting and my third deer. I am very thankful to everyone on this forum and other resources because I started hunting late in life with no mentors.
My grandfathers hunted when they were young, but only with rifles.
d1c5629ad47e3097422da6223624c37f.png

c27f9b834d9b57e027eba523fea99de1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesomeness! Congrats!

Regardless of when you started hunting, you are here now. And it is all good.

Great work! Congrats.... totally awesome buck and story. It doesn't matter when you join the game, it just matters how you play when you're in it. You are playing excellent!!

Born and raised southern boy here, but I absolutely loved CT the 4 years I was at the sub base.

It is not what I expected when I got orders here. I spent my last 3 in the navy at NRMD. Got a job and stayed despite being a west coast kid. The only thing that sucks here is the taxes. Lots of hunting pressure and limited land, too.

It is not what I expected when I got orders here. I spent my last 3 in the navy at NRMD. Got a job and stayed despite being a west coast kid. The only thing that sucks here is the taxes. Lots of hunting pressure and limited land, too.

I hear ya brother! Taxes are crazy in New York too!!!!!

Back