• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eastern Woods Outdoors Custom Sticks

These sticks are coming together nicely. Good thing I am far from OCD because I know some people would be pulling their hair out stealth stripping these baby’s. Almost done with this one...then 3 more to go. Thanks DanO for an awesome piece of equipment that I will be putting good use to for many a seasons to come!

b052bc8cc25465b814ec5a7745d337e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you drilling your own holes? Is there enough room below the bottom step to stack the next stick? Perhaps some other stacking approach?
Just asking to try and help. Ignore me if I'm being clueless.

Are you drilling your own holes? Is there enough room below the bottom step to stack the next stick? Perhaps some other stacking approach?
Just asking to try and help. Ignore me if I'm being clueless.

Not ignoring you at all that is a great question. I asked DanO if he would drill out these sticks for me so all of those holes were pre drilled by his machinist. As for stacking I like to stack them side by side instead of on top of each other and secure them with a couple of nite ize gear ties then I just strap them to my back pack with the stand off pointing away from me.
The sticks are upside down in the picture but I’m sure you get the idea.

e9b12da83e56d374bd5a495f7b77ae27.jpg

Finished one tonight on my lunch break from work. Just gotta add a paracord loop so I can hang it from my saddle and then I should be good to go.

f3a1205fbaa7f2bc76869e8330ecda52.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a weight on these?

I do not have a weight on single sticks. But I did set all four of them strapped together on a regular old step scale and read 7 lbs. I have to search around and find my small digital scale to get the weight on the single sticks.

If it isn’t too inconvenient, would it be possible to share the parts list for a stick that I would need to order from DanO or point me In The right direction?

I’m interested in doing these too. How much does it cost per stick or per set? And also what is the distance between steps?

If it isn’t too inconvenient, would it be possible to share the parts list for a stick that I would need to order from DanO or point me In The right direction?

Ok so this is what I did...I first contacted DanO right here on the forum. I asked him if he could machine the holes in the tube for me (it will be an extra cost to you for the labor) I ordered 4 of the 1” x 24” x 1/8” tube (because I wanted four climbing sticks). Then I ordered 8 of the Doublestep Ultralight-non anodized steps, 8 climbing stick brackets-non anodized ultra lightweight, 4 alumiButtons, 8 climbing stick end cap (1/8” wall tube), and then I ordered the woven 8’ daisy chain webbing for my stick straps (this was a personal preference on my part, you’ll have to figure out what exactly you want to strap your stick to the tree with). Dan is a heck of a guy and really helpful when it comes to answering any of your questions. I would message him on the forum first and tell him you are interested in getting some custom climbing sticks from him. Hope this helps you. Good luck.

I’m interested in doing these too. How much does it cost per stick or per set? And also what is the distance between steps?

So you can order a few different length tubes from DanO I ordered the 1” x 24” x 1/8” tubes. My step distance on my sticks is 22” on the dot. As far as price I’m going to be totally blunt with you if you are on a budget you may want to find another option. These sticks were an investment in something I plan on using for many years to come. I listed pretty much everything I ordered from Eastern Woods Outdoors in a post above this one. If you’re thinking about getting some of these sticks I would message DanO here on the forum and let him know you’re interested.

Back