• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eastern Woods Outdoors knee pads

Who has them and what do you think of them? Objective comparisons would be nice. I.e., I have both Latitude and EWO knee pads and I think...
I’m interested in these as well. Have you used knee pads before? I wouldn’t have anything to compare them to but I’m wanting to give knee pads a shot.

I’m interested in these as well. Have you used knee pads before? I wouldn’t have anything to compare them to but I’m wanting to give knee pads a shot.
Used Latitudes and both the old and new Trophylines in the past. Only real gripe with any of them is that they are too fallie-downie when walking in. I know I could just pack them in but then... I'd have to pick them in.

Used Latitudes and both the old and new Trophylines in the past. Only real gripe with any of them is that they are too fallie-downie when walking in. I know I could just pack them in but then... I'd have to pick them in.

I have a pair of Alta kneepads that are super comfortable in the tree but are, as you say, fallie-downie on long walks. I usually slide them down onto my shins for the walk, then slide them up at the tree.

Just try not to forget they are there during water crossings or swampy patches. :tearsofjoy:

I tried to order vibram knee cap kneepads in Nov and it's now Feb with no kneepads .....w t f....let me know how these work out cause I need some new.knee padss

I have some on the way. But the only other ones that I’ve used are the Trophyline ones. Supposedly they’re very similar to the Tethrd ones

I bought them as soon as they came out and prefer them over all of the others, and Ive used them all. They are slightly more compact than the Lattitude and Trophyline, and seem to stay in place better. They are plenty thick enough, but no so thick that they roll on the knees.

I have the Trophyline ones and they have served me well. I can tell you I am eyeing up the EWO ones though. My only criticism of the TL ones is the one elastic strap. It tends to stretch and slightly loosen and you have to readjust occasionally. It’s not a big deal. They are warm though and with the pure rubber/plastic/ whatever ones from EWO I am concerned they would absorb the cold air and become loud and cold. The TL ones are made nicely in that regard for us cold weather filks. The most ideal strap design would be the tension buckles like kifaru T&K Hunting and Marsupial (and others) use you could adjust them then tighten them down with the slide lock buckles.

I’ve had several different pairs. The EWO ones are Identical in almost every way to Tethd’s except Tethrd’s have a rubbery covering compared to the EWO’s. (See Stagg’s in the Wild video) All in all they are comfortable and light. I’m sure the could be modified to fit most needs!

I’ve never been completely happy with kneepads. So I ditched them for a knee pad, last week I picked this one up, it’s thicker & more compact than my last one
So for you kneepad guys, a couple quick questions…..
Do you put them on at the truck & hike in with them, if so why?
On a long sit my knees only contact the tree for a bit right in the center or slightly off. Is anyone else using them for other purposes ( climbing or something)?

I’ve never been completely happy with kneepads. So I ditched them for a knee pad, last week I picked this one up, it’s thicker & more compact than my last one
On a long sit my knees only contact the tree for a bit right in the center or slightly off. Is anyone else using them for other purposes ( climbing or something)?
No I hate walking with them on. I put them on once I get to the tree, along with my saddle. I don’t like to wear anything in. I have everything in my pack in the order that I put it on and it’s a system that works for me. The only “problem” with this system is that I’m always carrying a pack of some kind. But then I figure i have everything always ready no matter what way im hunting that particular day. Tradeoffs to everything.

I used to carry them in my pack and put them on the tree. The main reason I did that was because I hadn’t found any knee pads comfortable to walk in.

After I bought the lattitude kneepads and realized how comfortable they are to walk in (I can’t even tell I have them on) I started putting them on at the truck and walking in. The main reason was to save space in my pack but there has been more than one occasion where I have walked up on a deer, or kneeled down for some other reason and was glad sinus them on.

My knees contact the tree a lot, especially when climbing and maneuvering for a shot. I wear them all the time in the woods now, usually my Arc'teryx if I know I'll be walking a lot or still hunting. I like the ability to kneel down or crawl under brush without getting my pants wet.

My knees contact the tree a lot, especially when climbing and maneuvering for a shot. I wear them all the time in the woods now, usually my Arc'teryx if I know I'll be walking a lot or still hunting. I like the ability to kneel down or crawl under brush without getting my pants wet.
Fair enough, I can see the appeal of above mentioned benefits. My hunting pants for most of the season have built in knee pads & I like that. Just wondering if it was a pain to wear them strapped on all the time, seems like the biggest complaint is hiking not on stand….

Back